×thirty-one×

Josh opened his mouth to speak, but could only close it again when he saw a tear fall down Simon's face, making his heart shatter.

''I'm so sorry, Simon.'' Josh whispered, pulling the broken boy close to him, wrapping him in a hug as he listens to his quiet sobs.

''I-I never said anything to him before I left.'' He mumbles into Josh's shirt.

''What do you mean?''

He felt Simon squeeze his arms tighter and tighter in anger.

"I mean I never gave him a goodbye. I never gave him a friendly 'I love you too'. I didn't say anything to him, Josh. He died thinking I hate him!'' Simon said, lifting his head to lean against Josh's shoulder.

''Simon..''

He felt more tears through his shirt, and the tension on his arm had been released

"He knows you don't hate him. He knew it then and he knows it now.'' He whispers.

''But I never got to tell him that..''

''He still loves you.''

Simon didn't reply, and stay snuggled against Josh.

''But who could've done something so bad that would make JJ lash out like that?'' Simon questioned, his voice muffled.

''I don't know.'' Josh simply says.

They sit in silence again and Simon's shaky sobs turned back into his normal breathing pace again.

''Do you think they would be able to tell us who it was?'' He asked.

''Maybe. Should we try?'' Josh asks and Simon nods, lifting himself up so Josh could grab his phone from the counter.

He entered in the number of the hospital and brought the phone to his ear, looking at Simon as he listens to the dial.

''Hello? Mr Bradley?''

''Um, yeah, that's me.''

''Is everything okay?''

''Well, um, is there, you know, is there any way we would be able to find out who caused JJ- Olajide to do what he did?'' Josh asked.

''I'm not sure, but I'll be able to find out from security if that's what you wish?''

''That'd be great.''

''Okay. I'll be back in a second.'' She says and the line goes silent.

Josh pulls Simon closer to him to comfort him, since he was shaking.

''It'll be okay. Don't worry, Si.'' He whispers and Simon nods.

The tension grew every minute that the line was silent, starting to stress Josh. But soon enough, a few noises could be heard on the other end.

''I'm sorry that I took so long, I had to help security sort out the patient.'' The lady says, sounding a bit out of breath.

''You know who did it?'' Josh asked, sounding hopeful.

''I managed to find out, yes.'' She says, and Josh sighs with relief.

''Who caused him to do it??''

''His name is Callum Airey.''

Simon tensed and all went silent again.