×twenty-two×

Josh happily agreed to move back in.

It must've been at least 1am by now, most of the street lamps had turned off and little to no cars were passing on a nearby road.

''I miss them, Josh..'' Simon whispered.

''I know. I miss them too.'' He says to the boy sat in front of him.

''It's my fault. None of this would have happened in the first place if I hadn't of fucking-''

''Simon, please stop beating yourself up over it. I can see you've done that too much already by just looking at you.'' Josh whispered to him and he sighs.

''I'd do anything to see them again.''

''So would I.''

Silence grew over them, and Josh looked up at Simon to see his eyes red and puffy, glazed with more tears, looking like he was about to cry again.

''Don't cry, Si..'' Josh sighed, using his hand to wipe the boy's eyes and bringing him closer into a comforting hug.

He could hear Simon's quiet sobs muffled in his shoulder and rubbed circles slowly around his back.

''I'm here now. And I'll never leave again.'' He mumbled.

The sobs began to quiet down and become slower, and less frequent. Simon's breathing pace sounded normal again, but slightly raspy; telling Josh he's fallen asleep.

He stood up, while securing his arms underneath and around Simon before slowly picking him up.
He was a lot lighter than last time he saw him around 6 months ago, maybe longer.

He ended up carrying Simon all the way back to the Sidemen house, where he was happy to finally call home again.