×thirty×

Josh had managed to carry Simon all the way back to the house without trouble.
He was much lighter than he was six months ago.
He looked a lot skinnier, too.

It looked dangerously skinny.

As if on cue, Simon started yawning and slowly waking up, while Josh unlocked the door.

He laid Simon back onto the chair, and he tried to speak before hissing and clutching his head in his hands.

''Hangover?'' Josh asks and Simon slowly nods.

''I'll get you some painkillers.. Wait here.'' He says, before walking off towards the kitchen.

He pulls the box out of the cupboard, taking out two tablets and pouring a glass of water, when his phone begins to ring in his pocket.

He looks down to see no Caller ID. It must've been a prank or something, but he picked up anyway.

''Hello, is this Joshua Bradley?'' They ask, quickly.

''Yes.. who is this?'' He replies.

''This is Charlington Mental Hospital. You know a patient named Olajide 'JJ' Olatunji, correct?'' They ask again, and Josh gulps, knowing the fact it'll be bad.

''Yes I do.. Why?''

''I'm sorry that I have to tell you this in this way, but it's the only way possible.'' They start saying, and Josh begins to feel sick.

''Your friend, JJ, had passed away in his room, last night. It was too late to save him. We're terribly sorry.'' They explain, pretty straight forwardly.

''W-what do you mean, he died? How?'' Josh questioned, becoming more and more worried.

''Well, as he is a mental patient, he can do some things that could be dangerous. Things got out of hand, and he managed to get hold of a knife, that he used to.. You know..''

''But why didn't you do anything to stop him?'' He hissed down the line.

''Mr Bradley, I promise we did everything we could, but it was just too late.''

''What could have possibly happened to get him that worked up? What did you do to him??''

''Sir, we had not done anything to him. We heard that he had a fight with another patient, and he got angry very quickly.''

''Why was nobody there to stop or help him then??''

''You sure ask a lot of questions.''

''I just found out that my best friend has died, of course I want fucking answers.'' He snarls.

''Excuse me, I think you should mind your language.''

''I can say whatever the fuck I want, now are you going to tell me what happened or are you going to continue wasting my time?''

''I think you need to calm down a bit and call back later. I'm sorry for your loss, Mr Bradley.''

Josh refuses to speak anymore, and hangs up the phone instead.

He sighs in frustration, turning around to see Simon standing in the doorway, with a blank expression and tears quickly forming in his eyes.

''JJ's dead?''