8 - One Week Later

Edith Rose POV

Okay so I'll be honest, I'm jealous of Skylar. Even her name is pretty. I'm here to ruin her relationship so I could have MY Tommy back.

Not in a relationship way, but in a best friend way. He's MINE and I don't care if she leaves in tears. She needs to know her place from a BLOOD Sawyer.

I've been here for a week and every time I see Skylar wanting time with Tommy, I make some excuse to steal his time. He's so dumb he doesn't even realize he hasn't seen her in a while.

Talk about pathetic.

Skylar POV

"You okay darling?" Mama asked as I helped her peel potatoes. I nodded, "Yup. Totally fine Mama." She didn't look convinced, but she let it slide.

Truth be told, I was NOT fine. I haven't spoken to Tommy in a WEEK. SEVEN freaking DAYS. I missed him so much, it hurts. He's always spending time with that stupid sleeze bag.

I finished up and decided to go hunting by myself. I needed to kill something. Though I'd prefer it be Edith, I guess a deer will work too.

I threw on a black floral crop top, a pair of faded blue jeans, and my combat boots. I grabbed my hunting knife and bow and arrow.

Uncle Hoyt gave me it as a present when I joined the family. I grabbed a satchel to store my extra arrows and knife in. I also took an apple when Mama wasn't looking.

I walked out and headed wherever the sun lead me. I kept walking for a good thirty minutes when I spotted a coyote. I smirked and placed the arrow on the bow.

I squatted down and shot it in the head. "Yes!" I shouted happily as I skipped over to it. I didn't notice a dip in the hiking trail so I slipped and landed on my ankle wrong.

I clutched it in pain and whimpered loudly. The pain was unbelievable and I cursed myself for going when the sun was about to set.

"Help!" I gritted out through the pain. I forced myself to crawl towards the woods, the direction where I came from. After a good ten minutes, I figured I wouldn't be getting much further.

"Tommy! TOMMY!" I screamed, praying he would rescue me. I needed him so badly right now.

I curled up and cussed myself out for wearing a crop top during winter. Then again, I didn't expect to be out long.

Stupid fucking coyote

I felt the coldness fall around me and I whimpered again. My teeth started chattering from the cold. Before I knew it, I passed out, holding my ankle.

Luda Mae (Mama) POV

I got worried when it was about to be dinner time. My baby girl left around two hours ago and should've been back by now.

The back door opened and I leapt to my feet, praying it was Skylar. It was Thomas and Edith Rose. Don't get me wrong, I love my niece, but I know she's being flirty on purpose.

My boy is just too innocent to realize it. I noticed it was dark outside and that's when I had enough.

"Family! Skylar is in trouble!" I shouted worried, causing everyone to come closer. Thomas was the most concerned and Hoyt said, "What's wrong Mama?!"

"She left hunting, but hasn't came back. Everyone dress warm and grab a flashlight. We are going to go find her," I said in an authorized tone.

I meant BUSINESS when it comes to my babies.