Mild Complications

"We've seem to run into a bit of an issue." Headmistress stood in front of us.

She was slightly shorter then I was and looked to be in her early to mid 20's with long, silky, blood red hair. Her dark brown makeup popped out her hazel eyes and freckles sprinkled along her nose and cheeks.

Remington held onto my body tight to keep me upright on his side. I'd gotten a bit better but the worry of getting sick again still ran through the 4 of us. "What would that be, madam?"

"We only have one dorm to give up. However it does have two beds!" She smiled to enlighten the mood.

"That's alright, miss." Emerson spoke up. "My older brother, Sebastian and I will take one bed while Remington and his lover, Lizzie, will get the other."

Head mistress sighed of relief and placed a hand over her heart. "Oh thank goodness. I was afraid you and Sebastian would be upset to get woken up if miss Lizzie here were to wake up due to being sick. I know the first couple weeks are excruciating. I have a 2 year old daughter."  She smiled. "I'll be glad to introduce you to her later on when you come out for dinner."

"About dinner." Remington spoke up. "We have a diet that's animal blood only."

Right. Last time we were here, Remington and I had a taste of the human blood they soak it in on accident. Had we have eaten more we would've gone out of control when we left the council.

"Oh?" She paused. "Well I'll have the cook prepare a feast with just animal blood in it."

"Just living out in the human world, Remington, Lizzie, and Emerson more then I , have to keep the animal diet for protection of others. I choose it because I've been used to it my whole life and quite frankly human blood leaves a bad taste in my mouth." Sebastian spoke up and kept to my other side in a protective manner.

"That's understandable." She nodded. "Well I'll get that requested to the chef as soon as I show you your room then you all can get settled." She turned and started up the red carpeted stairs.

"Do you need me to carry you up or you think you can make it up?" Remington whispered in my ear.

"I'm fine, Remington." I started to walk.

"Well I'm right here, Sebastian's on your other side and Emerson is behind you." All the boys followed and kept cautious arms out.

I held onto Remington's hand softly and made my way up the stairs after the mistress. She looked back and gave a soft smile. "Sadly, we've had to place you in the boys dormitory. Warning, it does tend to smell down this hall."

"Well make do with it." Sebastian's voice rung next to my ear.

So this is a short filler chapter cause I really need to get into this next chapter. Sorry!!!