Family trip

"She's not suppose to come with us." Sebastian whispered to Remington off in the distance.

"Its only for three days, Sebastian. I talked to the headmistress of Royal academy and she agreed that since the three of us have to sleep in a dorm anyway that Lizzie and I could have our own room."

I still had no idea what this trip was about but Remington had tweeked his way into getting someone at the castle to allow me to stay. I just wasn't aloud outside of the academy. Eating hall and the dorm was where I was aloud unless one of the boys or the headmistress was to escort me otherwise.

"How'd you do that?" Sebastian raised his eyebrow.

Remington messed with the end of his leather sleeve. "I told her she was pregnant and I was concerned about her morning sicknesses worsening."

It had only been 3 weeks but according to Remington, the process of a vampire pregnancy was faster then a humans though I was having, or going to have, if I am pregnant, a human baby. It would still take 9 months but I would feel kicks sooner and my stomach would grow faster.

No signs had showed up yet for pregnancy and my period was soon approaching. Remington was worrying it hadn't worked but I told him things would be fine.

"What're you going to do if headmistress finds out you're lying?" Sebastian always seemed to have an irritated tone when talking about me, like my existence was poision to his tongue.

"We don't know if she's not, Seb. Have faith in this, please. I really want her to be. You always have problems with the girls I'm with." Remington pleaded.

"Because they aren't your soulmates."

"Lizzie is. You've seen our eyes Sebastian. You came to me when the council caught word of us and said we had to conduct the ceremony. I'm finally, truly happy. Since moms death. Be happy for me. For once. I was happy for you and Steph. Why won't you be happy for me?" Remington voice threatened tears.

I thought I was the reason Sebastian and Remington were torn apart but apparently it was their mothers death. Remington and Emerson on the other hand were close as could be, like Raven and I, but brother wise.

"Stalking?" Emerson snapped me out of my thoughts and back to reality. "You've been watching Remington like a hawk since he left the house."

I shook my head and sat down on the front porch step. "Just listening to them bicker about me. Sebastian doesn't seem to like me."

"Sebastian doesn't seem to like anyone but Stephanie and us. Even sometimes I question the us part. He's never around Remington and I unless he has to be." Emerson sat down next to me and looked at Seb. "Moms death switched something inside him and changed him. I guess because he spent a couple more years with her then Remington did and way more years then I did. Both of them had about 100 years with her and I had none."

"How come?" I looked over at Em. "If you don't mind me asking."

Emerson lit a cigarette and puffed the smoke away from me. "I would offer you one but if there is a little on in there I don't want you to hurt them." He sighed and looked over at my stomach. "Mom was luckily turned into a vampire unlike our dad who died from natural causes. Then mom reached a 'mid-life crisis' as so Sebastian says and demanded she had another baby. Sebastian had been 19 for about 90 years then and Remington 17 for about 88. Soon after she hooked up with a guy and I was born." He puffed out more smoke. "Mom died right after I was born."

My heart stopped. "Emerson, I'm- I'm so sorry. Who took care of you?"

"Sebastian of course. The whole 19 years old with a kid thing fit perfectly and Steph acted as my mom but really at home it was my brother and his girlfriend raising me. The whole parent act was for school only."