Date Night

My heart was pounding out of my chest as I looked at Remington.

His jaw dropped and he tipped his sunglasses down to get a better look at me. My cheeks growing firey hot with the more shock he went into. His eyes scanned my entire body from head to toe, leaving him more breathless.

"Told you he'd love it." Emerson whispered from behind me.

The overwhelming feeling to run and jump on top of him rung throughout my body. Apparently he felt it too because he opened his arms. I couldn't run in my heals so I slowly walked over to him, careful not to trip on the uneven sand.

A smile found its way to his lips. "Those shoes look uncomfortable."

I let out a small laugh and looked down at them. "On sand its worse. They're like cinder blocks pulling my tiny body down to earth."

"Take them off then. It is a beach." He looked around.

Nodding, I pulled off the straps and put them to the side, looking up at Remington. His hands cupped my cheeks and his lips pressed against mine. Gripping the hair on the back of his neck, I brought him closer to me. I was terrified to let go of him. Terrified to continue tonight for it could end in two ways. His hands gripped my waist and brought it closer to his.

"Breathe, princess. You're sucking in all my air." He let out a small laugh and kept his forehead pressed to mine.

I let out a long sigh and stared at the sand beneath our feet. A bubble formed in my throat but wouldn't pop. My lungs began to burn and gasp for air but I kept calm with a smile on my face. His lips soon met mine again, regaining my breath.

The soft, warm feeling against mine almost made me forgot we were standing on a beach in the winter. "So what is there to do here since the water would give us frostbite?" I pulled back and looked at him. "Plus I'm cold."

Remington started to take off his jacket, "want to go back home?"

"At least there has heating and food." Chewing my lip, I ran my hands up and down my arms to get them warm.

"Here." He handed me his jacket.

I wasn't the kind of girl to turn down a jacket. I was cold, I was taking it.

Slipping it on, it instantly warmed my arms and down to the top of my thighs. The jacket almost covered the dress completely.

His arm wrapped around my torso and pulled me closer to his chest. "To home it is then." I smiled and took in his scent. Cologne with cinnamon for some reason is what I got out of it.

Maybe it was just that it was winter. Winters always filled with cinnamon.

"We're walking all the way home." I grunted.

Remington started to walk with me in his arms and looked down at me. "Not really. I have something to show you."

I raised my eyebrow and followed him to the beach parking lot. He stopped in front of an old timey looking motorcycle. The bars set low, unlike my dad's, who had ape hangers.

Stop it. Don't think about him.

"This yours?" I looked down at the glossy, yet toughed up, looking bike.

"Yep." He smiled. "She's my baby."

"You got it today?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Actually I've had this for a while but I took a family trip, actually guys trip, and I took my bike and it broke down outside of Sebastian's. He just got it fixed for me and brought it back to me, said it'd be romantic if we rode home on a bike."