Died & Reborn

Died and reborn.

An amazing feeling, indeed. To die and be reborn just made you feel more alive. Especially after having such a miserable life.

Death awaited me everyday, wondering when I'd come knocking on the door and welcoming me into its arms.

Remington said death would never be ready for me. Even vampires die but as long as you don't give away your secret and keep yourself hydrated with blood, your life would be set. Free to do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Royale Council has rules we have to follow but they're small. The information I collected from Remington on our walk to school was exhilarating. Who knew history could be so excited when you actually cared? 

"Did something change about you?" Raven leaned against the locker next to me. Her red and black hair was placed into a pony tail. She only wears makeup on her eyes, winged out eyeliner and some black eye shadow. You could just barely make out the freckles sprinkled on her nose and below her eyes. Her freckles and eyeliner brought out her grey-blue eyes. 

Remington talked to the school councilor, using his "vampire ways", as he called it, to transfer most of his class to the same as mine. I only had 2 classes alone, French and history.

I grabbed my binder for creative writing and closed the locker, looking at Raven. "I'm the same girl, Rae." Really I wasn't. I was a new person. Not even a person. I am a vampire.

"Is it a boy? Did Terry get arrested?" She messed with her spider bite.

Arms wrapped around my waist and soft lips landed on my cheek. "Hello, Princess." Remington laid his chin on my shoulder.

Raven's eyes widened and looked back and forth between Rem and I. "The new boy?"

Remington leaned up again and smiled at her. "Remington. Her boyfriend." My heart raced at "boyfriend". That was really the only way to cover up why I was living with him.

"Raven. Her best friend."

Remington nodded. "Nice to meet you." He turned me to the side and I looked up at him. "I've got to go pick something up from my guitar class real quick so I'll see you next period, Princess." He leaned down and gently pressed his lips against mine. This fake relationship was something out of a movie. A movie I never wanted to end, but the moment we left and went back home, it would end.

It was silent until Remington turned the corner and Raven spun me around to face her. "Why didn't you text me about this? You've known him one day. Did something happen I need to know? Did he take your virginity?" 

"Raven! Calm down." She was always quick to assume things and make jokes. I was the only one out of our small group of three, or possibly the only one in the school, who hadn't fucked someone. I just never wanted to. Of course her and Emerson were each other's first. 

She took every chance she could to point out my virginess since I hit puberty a lot faster then her. Doesn't help that's all I used to tease her about. From about 5th grade to freshman year I was part of the small, small group of girls who had boobs. Granite we all started getting our monthly in 7th grade, but for me it was 5th grade. It was tradition in our family apparently, or at least that's what mom told me before she died in 6th grade. Literally the worst year of my life. 

It was always easier for me to get boyfriends but they always lasted about 2 weeks to a month. For Raven, she would find a boy and the relationship would usually last up to half a year. Her and Emerson were now 2 years strong. It made me jealous. She always found the good boys while I was stuck finding the shitty ones.