Chapter 24

The events in this chapter take place after Ash and Charles Goodshow walk out of the airport.

We join Ash as he runs to the parking lot and reaches Mr Goodshow's car.

With Ash

As soon as Ash reached the car, he turned around to find Mr Goodshow about 100m away. He was trying his best to catch up.

"Ash... please... tell me whe-re... we're going..." Mr Goodshow managed to say while huffing and puffing.

"We're going back to the KIT!" said Ash. He sounded impatient yet excited.

Mr Goodshow gave Ash a look but decided to trust the boy.

"Alright then!" he said as he entered the car along with Ash.

As he he started driving back, Ash started feeling happier and happier. It was only more confirmation that he was making the right choice.

Judging by the Sun's position in the sky, it was late-morning/early-noon. Ash just couldn't wait to go back to the KIT.

Soon, after driving through the bustling city streets of Lumiose, they reached KIT. Ash jumped out of the car and so did Mr Goodshow.

"So, what now, Ash?" asked the President of the Pokemon League.

"Let's go to the classroom." said Ash as he started walking into the building and towards the room full of his friends.

Ash was initially filled with excitement, however, the closer they got to the classroom, the more Ash's excitement turned into dread.

Ash was scared of how friends would act and react. After all, he left without letting anybody know. To him, it was a miracle that Serena even found him that morning.

Ash knew he messed up by leaving without saying goodbye. It was a mistake that he had made, however, he knew the reason he was back to correct all the mistakes he had made this morning by leaving... and this was one of them.

Soon, Ash and Charles were in front of the classroom. They couldn't hear a single noise coming from inside the classroom. It was eerily quiet. For a moment, Ash though that class had been cancelled for the day, however he still twisted the doorknob, and, of course, the door opened.

As soon soon as the door flew open, he started at everybody in the classroom and everybody stared back. Ash put on a very nervous smile while everybody just gawked back at him.

Ash walked into the classroom and looked around at the faces of every single of of his friends. The class was still quiet and everybody's eyes was following Ash as he made his way to the centre of the room. He then scanned everything again, however, he immediately developed a frown as soon as he noticed that the seat directly in front of his was empty.

As Ash stared at the seat, he started getting lost in thought of Serena. He started wondering where she was.

He was taken out of it by a sharp pain to his jaw. He stumbled back and dropped on the floor. Ash looked up to see a very distressed Gary in front of him. His fists were tightly clenched. He could hear a lot of gasps and murmurs spreading around the room. Even Prof. Elm, who was teaching the class at the moment, watched on.

"What's wrong with you?!" he asked. Anger clearly evident in his voice. 

"You left all of us without telling us. I was supposed to be your best friend Ash!" yelled Gary.

Ash was completely taken aback by Gary's actions. He knew his friends would be hurt, however, he didn't knew that the would would be deep enough for Gary to actually punch him.