Chapter 6

With Ash

Ash had made his way to the entrance gate of the battlefield. He had given all his Pokemon to Nurse Joy on the way to the gate so she could heal them. Ash was replaying the battle in his head, thinking about the mistakes he had made so he could improve on them. He was deep in thought, when suddenly, he was snapped out of it by someone yelling from behind him.

"Ashy-boy!! That was some battle!"

Ash knew exactly who it was. After all, there was only one person who calls him that... Gary Oak. Ash sighed but replied without turning around.

"I've told you hundreds of times not to call me that... Gare-Bear!" Ash replied chuckling at the nickname he made up for Gary. As soon as he replied though, he heard a crowd of laughter behind him.

Ash turned around and an ear-to-ear grin broke out on his face. There stood all of his past travelling companions along with friends he made along the way. He was surprised to see Serena there as he thought she would be with Calem right now, but that that didn't bother him right now. What did catch his attention though, was the angered, almost flustered expression on Gary's face. Gary was the centre of attention of his group of friends as they found the nickname humorous. Gary immediately melted in the moment though and soon broke out in laughter along with everybody else.

Eventually everybody calmed down.

"So Ash, those were some amazing Pokemon out there. I'm especially impressed by your Greninja!" Misty stated.

"Thanks Misty... though I best you're only saying that because he is a water type." replied Ash while giving a knowing grin. Misty just grinned back and nodded her head while Ash chuckled.

This continued. All of Ash's friends started talking to him. May showed Ash the half ribbon that she still carried with her. To her surprise, Ash had the ribbon with him too. Dawn, on the other hand, held her hand up above her head with the palm facing Ash. Ash realised what that was and joined his palm with hers as they hi-fived.

Iris watched the two and continued to saw "You two are such kids!"

Dawn giggled while Ash scratched the back of his head chuckling nervously.

"Same old Iris I see." said Ash. Iris just smiled back.

Ash then set about meeting the guys. Gary and Ash still had their half of the pokeball they found as kids. Kenny and Barry had stars in their eyes as they asked Ash to teach them everything about his battling style and training methods.

Ash then locked eyes with Paul. Dawn was quite nervous about this as she had first-hand experience of the rivalry between these two. Ash started by smiling at Paul.

"How are you Paul?" asked Ash.

To everyone's surprise, Paul smiled back and replied.

"I'm doing great Ash, how abut you?"

Everybody was stunned. Paul rarely smiles... and he rarely talks to people with a nice voice. Ash, however, soon responded.

"I'm great too Paul." as they shook hands.

Ash then continued to greet Cilan and Clemont as they discussed Clemont's inventions. Their conversation was shortly interrupted.

"Alola!"

Ash flicked his head quickly to the direction of the voice. Ash couldn't believe his eves as he saw Mallow standing there, smiling brightly at him. Ash's couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Mallow? You're here too?" asked as surprised, but happy Ash. Mallow nodded as a reply.

"Guys, this is Mallow. She is a very good friend of mine from the Alola region." said Ash as he introduced Mallow to everybody.