Chapter 10

Serena's POV

My eyes slowly opened as I started taking in my surroundings. I was sat on a dry patch of grass inside a tree... and that's when I remembered why I was here. It was still raining outside and my heart was still aching. It was starting to get quite dark though so I figured it would be best to head back to the dorms.

I got up and started walking back towards the school but I stopped as soon as I heard something.

"Pikachu, Iron Tail!"

That voice. It was Ash! I started walking quickly towards the voice. As I got closer, I spotted a small clearing and sure enough, Ash and Pikachu were there. Ash was giving commands to Pikachu while Pikachu was attacking a helpless rock. I decided to hide behind a tree and watch them train for a while. Come to think of it, I have never watched Ash train with his Pokemon before. It seems like I have found his training area.

After a flurry of commands by Ash and perfect executions of those commands by Pikachu, those two sat down underneath a tree while I just watched them.

As I was watching them, I felt a sneeze come up. It must have been because I was out in the cold for so long. I tried to hold the sneeze in but I wasn't quick enough and sure enough...

"ACHOO!"

That was a very loud sneeze. I noticed Ash and Pikachu turn towards me. I froze. I didn't want Ash to see me like this. This would only worry him more. My eyes were red and swollen from the crying. My clothes were dirty from sleeping on the ground, my hair was a complete mess from the sleep and the rain.

"Serena?" he said.

Without thinking, I ran. I didn't care where to, I just ran.

"SERENA!!" I heard Ash scream one more time, but I just kept running.

Ash's POV

"SERENA!!" I called out to her. I know she heard me, but she still kept running.

"This isn't good!" I said to myself.

"Pikachu, lets go!" I said in a hurry to the yellow mouse.

I would have used my other Pokemon like Charizard or Noivern to fly to her quickly, but I only bought my non evolved Pokemon today so I could train with them. I ran after her as quickly as possible. I knew what lied in the direction she was running in and it wasn't good. SHe could be in a lot of trouble.

No one's POV

Serena kept running into the forest. She knew Ash would follow her so she didn't stop. Soon, she came to a small incline and she ran up it. As soon as she got to the top, she slipped on the muddy ground and started slipping forwards. She tried to slop herself from slipping but the slope only got steeper making it harder for her to stop.

She looked at what was at the end of the slope and her heart dropped. It was a cliff. She couldn't tell what was at the bottom just yet but as she got closer to the edge of the slope, she saw an almost 20-25 meter drop into raging torrents of water.

Serena then did the only thing she could and screamed. "HELP!!"

While that was happening, Ash was running through the forest towards Serena. As soon as he heard Serena's cry for help, he knew she was in trouble. Ash only sped up and saw the incline. He ran up it without hesitation and what he saw made this mouth dry up of fear. Serena was at the edge of the cliff and was slipping off of it.

Without any hesitation, Ash ran after Serena. Serena had already fallen off and was screaming at the top of her lungs by the time Ash got to the edge of the cliff so Ash jumped after her. While Serena had her eyes tightly shut and was making herself as big as possible to slow her down, Ash dived towards Serena making sure to catch her before they make impact with water.