Chapter 2

~The morning of the first day of School~

With Serena

"Fletch, Fletchling." is the first thing Serena heard in the morning. She immediately shot up hoping it would be enough to avoid a peck to her forehead. That's when she remembered that she was in her room in the dorm and she had set Fletchling's cries as her alarm. She didn't enjoy it but it worked like a charm. If it made her get out of bed in time, then she would use it.

Serena looked at her clock and saw that it was 7:00. School started at 9:00 so she had plenty of time to get ready for the first day. She looked around to see Sylveon, Delphox, Pancham and Rhyhorn's pokeballs on the desk next to her. Serena then released the first 3 as she thought Rhyhorn might be a bit problematic... especially indoors.

"Good Morning Guys!" she said to the three.

"Phox!"

"Cham"

"Syl"

All three of them greeted her good morning too.

After that, Serena did the daily morning routine in the bathroom consisting of a shower, brushing her teeth etc. Once she finished, she got dressed. (She is wearing her XYZ outfit without the ribbon) Once she was dressed, she looked at her clock to see that it was 7:30. She sat on her bed and thought about her day ahead.

Gary had told the whole group that they would meet someone very interesting today. 'Gary rarely talks about anyone highly so this person has to be quite a character' Serena thought. She was quite excited to meet this person... and all her other friends for that matter. Serena was especially excited to meet Calem. Her Boyfriend. They met last year during the First year of their course. Serena thought that no one could make her happier than Calem has and Calem was the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. Well... that's what SHE thought anyway.

She was lost in her thoughts for quite a while and the next time she looked at the clock, it was already 8:00. Serena got up and went to the cafeteria to get breakfast. Calem had texted her that he would meet her there at around 8:00.

Serena got to the Cafeteria and saw Calem sitting on one of the tables with a cup of coffee in his hand. Serena ran up to him as soon as she saw him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Good Morning!" she said, smiling brightly.

"Good Morning beautiful" He replied smiling back at her.

"I'll go get a cup of coffee, I'll be right back!" Serena said as she left for the counter. Soon, she returned with a cup of coffee in her and and saw Calem staring at someone with an evil smirk on his face. Serena noticed this and followed his gaze to see someone near the breakfast bar. In front of the buffet table stood a boy, about the same height as Calem. He had Raven black hair with a red cap with a half Pokeball logo on it. He had a Pikachu perched up on his shoulder. (Its Ash... we all know it is so lets just say he is wearing his XYZ outfit too.).

'It must be some new kid' she thought. She then looked back at Calem and smiled at his behaviour. Calem had a ritual he always followed. Being the strongest trainer in the school, he liked testing new students with their battling skills. Knowing this, Serena knew exactly what was going through Calem's head at that moment.

"You're going to challenge him to a battle aren't you?" asked Serena.

"Huh, what are you talking abou... Ohh, you noticed! Yeah, I'll have to see how good he is." Calem replied, catching onto what/who Serena was talking about.