Chapter 19

After yesterday's events, both Ash and Serena woke up with a grin plastered on their faces. It was a very enjoyable day for the two of them. The day also help Ash's mind get in the zone for the battle that is supposed to lie in the afternoon.

Right now, Serena is about to head off to the cafeteria for breakfast. She is slightly nervous about meeting Ash though.

We join her as she exits her room.

No one's POV

As soon as Serena exited her room, she heard  footsteps descending the set of stairs. She looked towards the stairs, and moments later, a small yellow rodent appeared and looked around. As soon as it saw her, it let out a cry of happiness.

"PIKA!!" squeaked Pikachu as it sprinted towards Serena and jumped into her arms.

"Good morning, Pikachu!" replied Serena gleefully while smiling down on him.

Another voice came from the direction of the stairs.

"Pikachu? Wait up!"

Serena looked towards the stairs. There lied Pikachu's trainer.

"Oh, hey, good morning, Serena!" he yelled happily.

"Oh, g-good morning, Ash." replied Serena in a shy manner.

Ash immediately caught onto it and decided to lighten up the atmosphere a little.

"Pikachu, how many time do I have to tell you not to run off like that?" Ash said to Pikachu while pretending to be angry at him.

Pikachu, being relatively young and innocent, thought Ash was being serious, so he jumped onto Ash's shoulder and started licking his cheeks and nose. This caused both Ash and Serena to giggle.

"Buddy, I could never be angry at you. You know that!" said Ash as he lifted Pikachu above his head and smiled up at him.

"Chaaaaa~" cooed Pikachu happily at his trainer's actions.

Ash then turned his attention back to Serena.

"So, let's head for breakfast. I'm starving!" exclaimed Ash happily as he started walking towards the elevators.

"Alright, let's go!" replied Serena with a fist pump.

Ash chuckled at that action.

As they were walking towards the cafeteria, Ash decided to bring up yesterday's main event.

"S-Serena... about yesterday night..." he started.

As soon as Ash said that, Serena blushed immensely and gulped. She knew that it was coming sooner or later... but that didn't mean she was ready. She had acquired Ash's habit of doing things before thinking.

Ash took Serena's silence as a cue to continue.

"I want to talk about it after school today... if that's OK with you?" asked Ash.

Serena mentally sighed a breath of relief. It gave her time to think about what she would say to Ash. She knew that there was no turning back... she had to confess... now. It felt like the right time to do so anyways. They had grown so close to each other since the beginning of the year. She knew that she would be happy with Ash. She would be loved... but she was still unsure about how Ash felt about her. There was still that little voice in the back of her mind that was making her doubt herself... but she knew that she had to take this chance. If she misses it, someone else will definitely make Ash theirs... and Serena couldn't bear the thought of that.