Nathan walks in and grabs an apple. I play with Oreo for a while, until Nathan finishes his breakfast. When he does, we walk outside. He opens the door for me, and it reminds me of Jacob. Stop thinking about him! As Nathan gets in the driver's seat, he begins his questioning again.

"Are you sure you want to go? Are you okay? I could turn around if you don't want to do this anymore. I want to help you."

"Nathan!" I say, interrupting him. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" he asks, one last time.

"Yes. I'm positive that I can do this."

He lets out a sigh and reluctantly nods his head. When we enter the school parking lot, people glance our way. I can tell there's general confusion; mainly due to the fact that I'm not with Jacob, but with Nathan—a new student. We exit the car, and I can't keep the whispers out.

"What a slut. First Jacob, and now the new kid?"
"Whore.... no self-respect."
"This bitch!"
"She's not special...How?"
"I bet...broke her heart. Now she's...someone new. Cunt."

Nathan grabs me by the arm gently, pulling us toward our friends. Tears begin to pool before my eyes. Why do they say such hateful things about something they know nothing about? Why do they hate me so much?

When my eyes lift up, Becca is walking towards me. She embraces me tightly. I grab onto her shirt as I control my tear ducts.

"Let's go inside."

She, along with Hailey, lead me to the girl's bathroom. No one's here, and Hailey locks the door.

"Let it out," Hailey tells me.

Her soft voice, and their gentle nature, allow me to release all that I've kept in. Wailing pathetically, they both take me into their arms. I was wrong, I'm not strong enough. They have me in their arms for five minutes until I slowly step away. They gave me sad looks, but it only makes me cry more.

"Can I just be alone for a minute or two?" I ask.

They share a glance, and I know that they don't want to. Nonetheless, they leave the restroom. When they're gone, I face the mirror. All I see is an ugly, broken girl. I squeeze my shirt within my fist and turn away. I push the door open, and the first thing—well, person—I see is Jacob. His hair is disheveled, his clothes appear as if he slept in them the night before. I feel the new onslaught of tears come up as I gaze into his dark hazel eyes. He gives off no facial expressions, seemingly lost within his mind.

"Hello," I whisper feebly.

His eyes harden—so dark and emotionless—before walking away. I tired of acting like I'm okay. My feet take me to my locker, and I grab all of my school supplies. When I get to class, Nathan is there. I sit beside him as the teacher walks in the room. I wonder where Jacob is, until he walks into the room.

I notice how everyone gives of confused murmurs and looks, glancing between him and I. And I understand their confusion. One day we're always together, and the next, we're no where near. Jacob sits on the table farthest from me. I'm not going to lie, my heart did ache when I saw his actions. Nevertheless, I kept my head up and my eyes forward.

So throughout the day, I kept my attention to my classwork and ignored Jacob. It hurt to do it, but I couldn't chase after him after he sent me away. Nathan has been doing a great job at keeping my spirits up. Like in the other class, where he drew a walrus on a unicycle in my notebook. It wasn't the best but it made me smile. Becca has been asking questions and keeping an eye on me. As has Hailey, but she doesn't do it as often—'I don't want to be a bother', she told me. I was grateful for her giving me space. Surprisingly, Danny and Nick have been helping as well.