Blood Doesnt Always Mean Family

~~Corey's POV~~

I laid beside Mason in the tunnels as water dripped from the ceiling. Mason jerked awake and got to his feet, I followed more slowly. "What are we doing here?" He asked.

"It was the only place I could think of." I answered honestly.

"What-. What do you mean?" Mason asked confused.

"Scott can't find you down here, he can't follow your scent." I stated, hating the idea of Scott hurting Mason.

"Okay, hold on." He said taking a second. "It's not me, I'm not even a genetic chimera."

"You sure about that?" I asked, definitely sure that he was the beast. "It was on the bus after I made us disappear, I felt something. I don't know how to describe it but it felt wrong. Completely and totally wrong." I moved forward and put a hand on masons shoulder turning him to face me. "Trust me, every other second I'm with you is completely and totally right."

I stared at the person in front of me. His dark eyes held the most kindest and purest soul. "It can't be me." Mason said broken.

"After the bus I lost you at the game remember." I asked and now he looked torn and confused. I kept my voice soft and gentle, like talking to a scared animal. "Where did you go?"

"I was.... I went to...." I couldn't finish.

"All those times the beast showed up, all those things you said about frequency. Where were you all those times?" I asked again a little more firmly. "The night at the transmission towers, the observatory down town, the army base, all the times you said there were transmissions."

His heavy breathing stopped and he lifted his head. "Wait, they can still find me." Mason turned to me with fear all over his features. "They can find me by frequency."

"Who? Scott?" I was completely confused.

"No, them." Realisation hit me, I was so scared of Scott finding Mason that I'd forgotten about the bigger enemy, the dread doctors. As if right on cue we both turned to the sound of electricity to see the dread doctors surrounding us. "Run!" Mason said and we did only to be cut off and change our escape. Suddenly we were trapped, but I felt the rain and looked up to see an escape hatch.

I climbed the ladder and turned to Mason who was staring at the doctors as they walked towards us. "Come on!" I screamed and he turned to me and slowly climbed the steel ladder. I gripped his hand it it was like something clicked he moved faster. I gripped the hatch and pushed it upwards, getting drenched quickly in the heavy rain.

We ran down the bank and onto the road, stopping quickly to make a decision. Left or right. We ran left and didn't stop until Mason seemed to jerk back. "Mason, come on!" I yelled and turned to him as he turned to the bridge where one of the three Dread Doctors stood. It stepped off and landed in front of us.

Mason and I turned to run but the other two doctors were behind us. I gripped masons hand and turned us invisible only to have the cain slapped across my face. I was dazed as I rolled over and saw all three doctors walking away, one of them holding Mason.

~~Phoebe's POV~~

"Mason! Mason!" Liam screamed as I ran after him only to hear him scream. I found him on the ground and as I crouched next to him and touched his shoulder he flinched and stared at me.