Cursed Book - Part 1

The elevator dinged and the doors opened revealing Scott being held by the throat by a Dread Doctor. The masked man turned towards Malia and she growled, claws and fangs out. The man throw Scott away as Malia roared before charging and kicking the mechanic man in the chest.

Melissa and I ran to Scott who was suffering from an asthma attack. "Come on. Come on honey let's go," she said as we pulled him back into the elevator. I turned an ran back to Malia, bring out my double ended spear and laying on a few good hits.

"Malia, Phoebe come on! Run!" Melissa screamed just as my friend got hit in the head by a metal hand. She was dazed and the doctor took the opportunity to grab around her neck and choke her. He pulled up his other hand ready for the kill but I moved the spear so it just missed Malia and nailed him in the shoulder.

He spasmed and released Malia, pulling out my spear I shrank it back down to a harmless pole, gripped her arm and pulled her to the elevator. "Don't turn back!" I screamed and felt his presence gaining on us just as we jumped into the elevator and the doors closed.

The whole thing shook as the doctor punched it. We all turned to Scott to see if he was ok as he stated the obvious. "We never should've read that book."

~~Earlier~~

I was at the club Sinema with Liam on a date. We haven't seen much of each other recently only with late night sleepovers but hardly ever during daytime. I told my parents and Cammi about Donavon and they didn't look at me differently, only with pity. "Self defence is justifiable, and protecting a friend is even more." My father said before pulling me in for a hug.

I was dancing by myself when I saw Liam talking to Hayden. Creeping closer I managed to hear their conversation over the music. "Forty three dollars," Liam said.

"I said I don't want your money." Hayden replied.

"Well you said I owe you two hundred."

"Liam just forget it, I don't need-." She was cut off by the power turning off. "Perfect." The crowd was cheering and throwing their light sticks around. I lost sight of Liam and Hayden but I heard him calling out Hayden's name.

Moving through the crowd I found them in the power room. "I got to be honest Liam, if your trying to be a good guy I really don't care." She stated and played with some switches.

"I'm just trying to make up for sixth grade," Liam said and Hayden turned around with a look on her face.

"Nothing will make up for sixth grade." She tried to push a lever up but it was stuck. "Come on," she muttered but it still wouldn't budge. Liam put his hand on hers and helped her, pushing it above into place. I felt pain my heart at the look she was giving him and he to her.

"You want to keep hating me, go for it but you said I owe you two hundred. So here's forty three more." She took the money and he turned around. I turned back into the crowd feeling my heart breaking slowly. Pushing it aside I felt Liam's hand in mine and I put on a fake smile as we danced.

The next morning I woke up in Liam's arms, in his bed. His face so relaxed it was hard to remember I had to leave. Pulling away from him I only managed to get to the side of the bed before his hand caught mine. "Don't go," he whispered causing me to smile.

"I have to," he sat up and moved so he was beside me.

"No you don't, you can stay here with me and take the day off school."