Ch.19

continued...

Brielle Pov-
I woke to beeping and lots of lights in my face. I tried to talk but couldn't cause there was a face mask on me. I was about to pull it off when I felt all types of cords on my arm. I turned my head to see Holland crying in a chair and Montez standing by the door. I hummed and caught both of their attention. Montez hurried up and called a nurse while Holland started smiling and rubbing my hair.

"I see your finally up" the doctor said checking my stats. I tried to nod but quickly closed my eyes due to the pain. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, you have stitches on the side of your head due to you falling and hitting the table." I tried to say something so he came and took the breathing mask off of my face. "Where are my babies?"

"They at my crib with Zariyah. Holland called me from your phone crying after you passed out and I came and took them to my house then came up here" Montez said. I slightly nodded and looked at the doctor as he began to speak. "As for your other baby.. She was born premature but that was the only way she would've survived" he told me sadly.

"Other baby?" Me and Montez asked confused; Holland was just looking shocked. "Yes other baby. When we brought you we thought it was just for head trauma but then we got the news from Mr.Smith that you had had an abortion a couple months back so we decided to see if everything was healing right or if this was the cause of you falling.

Turns out it was. Whoever the doctor was that did your abortion didn't do a complete ultrasound on you. They killed the embryo that was attached to your uterus but not the one attached to your fallopian tube. The one in your fallopian tube continued its regular growth which is what caused you to not have a period for them 4 months. But the baby also caused you some blood clots." He explained.

"So is that why I got nose bleeds, extreme dizziness, and horrible back pain?" I asked in shock. "Yes, we did an emergency c-section and closed your fallopian tube. You shouldn't have sex again for maybe 6-8 weeks" he told me checking over some things on his clipboard. "Can we see our daughter?" Montez asked worried. "Yes you can, you just can't pick her up. She's only 22 weeks and she has a 65% chance of living" he told us right before leaving out of the room.

I just sat there soaking all of that in. I couldn't even think straight due to multiple thoughts running through my mind. "Bri I'm gonna go and let you guys have this time with your family. I'll be up here to check on you in 2 days cause I have work tomorrow" she told me kissing my cheek. I rubbed her hand and told her bye. "65%" I heard Montez whisper shaking his head. I sniffled and just laid there.

15 minutes later 3 nurses came rolling in my baby inside this incubator and about 3 other machines. I instantly burst out crying. "This is all my fault" I said crying "why? Why did I get that stupid abortion?" I asked crying. My head was hurting but I didn't care. I couldn't even look at my baby too long without wanting to cry. Montez got up and got a closer look at her then he dropped down to his knees and started to cry.

"Our baby" he said. He got back up and placed his pinky finger in her hand and she wrapped her hand around it. He smiled and gently rubbed her hair with his index finger. I just stared at her. I couldn't do anything else except stare at her. When Montez took his finger away from her she started to make this noise. It sounded like a faint kitten meow. I didn't know what she was doing so I called her nurse.

"Yes?" "She's making a noise" I told her "And she has tears running down her face" Montez said. I looked towards her and sure enough there was tiny tears falling. I reached over with my left hand and wiped them. When I touched her she turned her hand towards me and opened her eyes. I was beyond amazed that she had grey eyes. I couldn't believe it because where would she get them from.

Montez smiled and got down so that him and her were at the same eye level. "Hey daddies girl, I know your young and what not but baby you gotta fight. You gotta keep growing so that mommy and daddy can take you home. You have 2 sisters and 2 brothers and they would love to have another baby sister. So please get better; I love you" he said kissing her forehead. The nurse returned with some nutritional baby milk and poured it into her feeding tube.

"Do you guys have a name for her yet?" The nurse asked looking back and forth between me and Montez. "Can we name her Nova Belle Smith?" He asked looking towards me. I nodded and that's what her name was. "Tez" I said "Yeah?" He asked. "I'm sorry." I told him sincerely. I know seeing our baby girl like this is breaking his heart because it's breaking mines.

"I'm not gone say that its good but I'm not gone degrade you more than your doing your self, so I'm just gonna say okay. That's all I can say; okay" he said looking up at me. This is the first time we've been in the same room in 4 months. Its sad that it had to be a hospital room containing our premature daughter but hey..its life.

*20 votes 15 comments*
ALSO THAT PICTURE IS NOT MINES I GOT IT FROM GOOGLE SO DON'T GO CRAZY ON ME
Also I'm bringing back 'I Lied' so comment and vote on that book please and thank you