The Results

It's been a couple of weeks and Toni and the twins are home. Since coming from the hospital, Toni has been distance with Babyface and he can sense it. They don't talk as much as they used to. Babyface just came back from the studio, when he found Toni and the twins in the bedroom.

Their bedroom...

Toni: Hi mommy babies. How are you?

Kenny began to nimble on his hand while Kennedy giggled.

Toni: Don't egg your brother on Kennedy. Kenny, stop it.

Just as Toni removed his hand from his mouth, Kenny began to release a soft cry.

Toni (holding his hand): I just fed you two. I know you're sleepy. Sleep for mama.

Babyface watched from the door, Toni barely noticing him.

Toni: Your dad should be here soon.

Babyface (walking up to her): I'm right here. (Picking up Kenny) What's wrong buddy? Mommy won't let you eat your fist? Tell mommy your hand just tastes so good, that's all.

Toni: They should be falling asleep soon, they're due for a nap right about now.

Babyface: How about I help you put them asleep and then we can talk?

Toni (grabbing Kenny from him): Okay.

Babyface grabbed Kennedy and followed Toni to the twins' nursery. They sat in the rocking chairs as Toni began to sing.

Toni (singing):

Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper I love you

Birds singing in the sycamore tree

Dream a little dream of me

Say night-ie night and kiss me

Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me

While I'm alone and blue as can be

Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on, dear

Still craving your kisses

I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear

Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find yo

Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you

But in your dreams whatever they be

Dream a little dream of me

Babyface (smiling): She's knocked out, drool and all.

Toni: Same here. He looks so peaceful. She looks just like her father, up to those beautiful long lashes resting close to her nose.

Babyface laid them down in their cribs and grabbed the baby monitor. He reached his hand out towards Toni and she took it with ease. He led them across the hall to the music room. Laying on the couch, he pulled Toni into his lap, Toni resting her head on his shoulder.

Toni: I've been avoiding this conversation for as long as possible.

Babyface: But we have to talk about this some time.

Toni: What if she turns out to be yours?  If you want to be with Nicole, I'll understand—

Babyface: Look at me, Tone.