Realization

Christmas passed and up next was the New Year. Today was Sunday afternoon, a couple of days before New Years. Toni was still trying to figure out how she was going to give Babyface this letter. She had a late lunch date with Sarah and Monica at Mr. Chows and just arrived.

Valet: Hello ma'am, enjoy.

Toni: Thank you.

Toni saw Monica and Sarah already waiting for her waiving. She took off her shades off and sat down.

Monica: Look who is glowing! Tell us all about the trip.

Sarah: What Monica meant to say was hi, Tone. How are you?

Monica (laughing): That too. So tell us, how was the trip?

Toni: It was good.

Sarah: Just good?

Waiter: Here are your drinks.

Monica: Thank you. We ordered you something too Tone.

Toni: Thanks. The trip was relaxing. We had a good time.

Sarah: Then we means that you and Kenny hooked up.

Toni (blushing): Not like (putting her hand up) hooked up, hooked up, but we did spend some time together. I just have to talk to him about something tomorrow when I come from a meeting that I have.

Monica: Who's the meeting with?

Waiter: Here are your orders ladies. Enjoy and let me know if you need anything.

Sarah and Monica waited for Toni to say what the meeting was going to be about, but Toni continued to eat saying nothing. Eventually she spoke.

Toni: Just a meeting with someone about some music.

Monica (smiling): Sounds fun girl. Toni and Kenny sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Toni: How old are we again.

Monica: Old enough to be in that tree by yourself withcha man!

They laughed and continued to eat lunch.

Monday morning...

Toni had just arrived to her important meeting. She was nervous and excited to finally meeting with someone who wanted to go in the same direction that she wanted her music career to go.

Ling: He is ready to see you now, you can come this way.

Toni stepped into the room and smiled.

Person: Toni! I'm so glad you called, we have a couple of things to talk about.

Toni: We sure do.

Person: Thank you Ling.

Ling: No problem at all sir.

Toni continued to have her music business interview.

Hours later, Toni came to the studio after having a meeting with a big record producer. She was happy to finally be pursuing her dreams out loud and into reality. She spotted Monica at the front desk and waived.

Monica: How was your meeting?

Toni (smiling): It went great. Hopefully everything will go right and I can start working on some new music soon.

Monica: That's great! I'm so happy for you.

Toni: Thanks, I'm going to talk to Ken before his next session.

Toni headed to Babyface's office and knocked.

Babyface: Come in.

Toni: Hey.