Vacation

The Christmas party was finally coming to an end around one in the morning. Toni, Sarah, and Babyface were at the exit of the venue saying goodbye to the guest.

Toni: Thank you so much for coming.

Clive Davis: Here's my card Toni. Call me when you would like to make a deal.

Whitney: You sounded beautiful girl. Angelic.

Toni: That is such an honor to hear such kind words coming the voice.

Berry Gordon walked up to Toni with Babyface.

Berry: I gave Kenny my card and personal number to give to you. You can contact me anytime, I'm always a phone call away. This was a nice party my friend.

Babyface: Thanks for stopping by Berry.

The rest of the guest finally drove away.

L.A. Reid: Let me tell you something.

Babyface: What?

L.A. Reid: Tell her how you feel before you lose her to the music industry. This is just the beginning for Tone. She can only go up from here.

Babyface: I will, soon.

Erica: Babe, our car is pulling up.

L.A. Reid: I'll talk to you soon. Good night.

Babyface (kissing Erica's cheek): I appreciate you guys for coming. Kiss the kids for me.

Erica: I will, good night.

Nicole left earlier without saying goodbye to Babyface. The only people walking around the venue was the cleaning crew.

On his way looking for Toni, Babyface found Sarah and Monica talking.

Babyface: Have any of you guys seen Toni?

Monica: Yeah, she's outside on the balcony.

Sarah: We're heading out now. Another Christmas party completed beautifully my friend.

Babyface (chuckling): Yes indeed.

Monica: See you after the holidays.

Babyface: You too. Make sure you guys drive safely.

Sarah: We will.

Sarah and Monica watched Babyface head towards the balcony. They smiled as they walked towards the exit.

Monica: I'm glad the guest saw and heard Toni. They finally heard how talented and underrated she is.

Sarah: Let's just hope Kenny sees that he needs her on his record label.

Meanwhile on the balcony...

Babyface watched as Toni looked up at the stars. Toni could sense that someone was watching her.

Toni: If you take a step closer you can see the moon and all the stars tonight. They're beautiful.

Babyface: Not as much as you are.

Toni (looking down, blushing): Thank you.

Babyface: I didn't know you could sing like that Tone.

Toni: Neither did the 300 guest that you invited.

Toni looked back up at the stars, avoiding his gaze.

Babyface: Why did you take so long to reach for your dreams?

Toni (looking into his eyes): When you fall in love so hard and so quick with someone, you sometimes forget who are and who you want to be. So you just stick to whatever you are good at the moment and stay in it.