Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six:

Max's POV:

"Pass it buddy, come on." I called to Caleb. He had a large ball in his hands and he tossed it to me in the section of the backyard we were in.

"Good job, bud." I smiled and lightly tossed it back to him. Stella went out to watch Jackson play and Stephen had gone away for the weekend with a couple of his soccer friends.

I quickly checked the steaks I was cooking and turned back to play catch with Caleb.

"Max? I knocked on the front door and no one answered!" Someone called. I quickly went over to the side of the house and opened the gate for Cecilia. She had on a pair of light blue jeans and a white tank top with a grey cardigan on top.

"Sorry, Caleb and I were throwing the ball around." I apologized as we walked back.

Caleb was on the grass picking at it and Cecilia walked over.

"No, Caleb. That's yucky." She scolded and he immediately dropped the grass and stood up and went over to grab the ball. He threw it a couple feet away from him and laughed.

Cecilia walked over and placed her hand on my upper back.

"Steak? Are we eating outside? It's so nice out." She said looking at the sun that was beginning to go down.

"Yes we are. I have fruit and stuff in the fridge for Caleb." I said.

"Okay, He will probably have a few small pieces of chicken as well." She said going inside. I smiled to myself as I saw through the window as Cecilia grabbed a plate from the cupboard and open the fridge. It was like we were married and I liked it.

I took the food and placed it on the table as Cecilia brought out plates, forks and knives. She cut some small pieces of chicken while I turned off the barbecue and went inside and brought in all the utensils.

I walked back out and Caleb was walking up the steps and I picked him up and set him down beside Cecilia while I sat across from them. I watched as she slid over his plate that had a few pieces of chicken and celery. I frowned at the combo and Cecilia laughed watching my gaze.

"Before you ask, he loves celery and cucumber." She laughed and he immediately grabbed the celery and ate it happily.

"Where's Stephen? I know Stella is at Jackson's game." Cecilia began.

"He went with a few of his friends to Toronto." I explained.

"He's been travelling a lot..." She noted and I nodded.

"Ever since his mother left he has been trying his best to focus on soccer. I can't blame him, he's taking it a bit harder than Stella."

"Poor guy. He broke up with Natalie though, right?" She laughed and I smiled.

"Oh yea he broke up with her a while back, she kept trying to come around and I swear I explained to her three times that Stephen didn't want to see her and that they were not dating anymore."

"Natalie was psycho. Of course she would do something like that." Cecilia laughed. I watched as she took a napkin and wiped Caleb's face and I smiled. Her nails were made into a french manicure and she had a strand of hair braided back onto the side of her head. Her lashes had mascara on them but she had nothing else on. She was so pretty.

She caught me staring and she smiled at me and blushed.

"Stop staring at me." She laughed looking down.

"You're really pretty." I said and her cheeks got redder.

"Serious question for a second." She said looking up and I raised my eyebrow at her curiously.

"Jake and I were discussing your advances today and I just wanted to know if you actually like me." She stated and my jaw dropped slightly. Did she actually think I didn't like her? What did she think I was doing?

"Do you think I don't like you?" I blurted.

"No I don't think that but I just want to make sure, because I really like you and I don't want to waste my time." She sighed.

"Cecilia I'm pretty sure I am literally in love with you for the past like three years but I didn't want to say it because I was terrified that you would reject me and I don't look good when I'm rejected." I said and she laughed.

"Good." She smiled resting her chin on her hand.

"Eventually I would love for you and Caleb to move in. Hell I bought child things and I don't have a child living with me." I admitted.

"I like seeing you as an actual dad. You and Caleb look cute together. You should both match your outfits!" She said gasping the last part.

"Oh definitely. The coolest guys in town. Right Cale?" I asked looking at Caleb and he just giggled and stuck a piece of celery into his mouth.

"You got a game this weekend. Don't you?" Cecilia asked raising an eyebrow. I smirked and leaned back.

"I do. Do you want tickets, doll?" I asked.

"Caleb and I would like to attend. Although he doesn't like soccer he will watch." She assured.

"I still can't believe he doesn't like soccer? His dad is a superstar soccer player." I said baffled.

In Love with my Best Friends' Dad (Rewritten)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara