Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

Cecilia's POV:

So instead of confronting her in the middle of a diner, Connie invited both Anne and I over to her and my real dads' house.

They had a large house so clearly they were doing well for themselves.

When I walked in Connie lead us over to the living room.

"Connor, go get your brothers." She said to the boy. He nodded and disappeared upstairs. I took off my jacket and I felt Connie's eyes on me and mainly on my stomach.

I sat down and Anne sat next to me and smiled. As she did a man with light brown hair like mine came into the room. He wore a dress shirt and slacks and set down some cups of water. I eyed him curiously as Connie sat across from us. He then sat down next to her.

"Cecilia, this is your father Marcus." Connie said and Marcus held his hand across the table and I took it and shook his hand.

"It is nice to meet you Cecilia. I'm glad you are doing well." He said and I simply nodded while continuing to watch them.

"Marcus it is good to see you again." Anne smiled.

"It's good to see you too Anne. Thank you for taking care of Cecilia." As he said that Connor and two other boys appeared. One looked about thirteen or fourteen and the other had to be about ten.

"Cecilia this is our son Connor, he is sixteen, this is Cameron he is fourteen and this is our little guy Colton and he is ten." Connie said and I nodded at the three of them.

"So you gave me up and had a kid two years later?" I said coldly.

"Cecilia." Anne scolded.

"It's okay...listen Cecilia. When your father and I were expecting you, we were going through an extremely tough time. Your father was in debt from law school and we couldn't afford a baby. There was a job opening in Alaska and we thought the best option for you was adoption. Anne knew Tania and Derek were struggling to have kids so we put you into their custody. Anne remained with you and once we moved here, Marcus got a job at a law firm and then everything clicked. We didn't think it would be wise to contact you." She explained and I nodded while biting the inside of my lip. I glanced around the room at the family pictures and I tsk-ed.

"Cecilia...um...are you...pregnant?" Connie asked carefully. I turned my head and nodded sternly. They said nothing and I sighed.

"I was on track for a scholarship for lacrosse." I began and Connor scoffed.

"What a rich kid sport." He chuckled.

"Connor." Connie scolded.

"You're a rich kid too. What do you do?" I asked nodding towards him.

"I play guitar." He answered.

"Do you lowkey want to be Luke Hemmings? You have the lip piercing and everything." I said knowing it would piss him off. He frowned at me and rolled his eyes.

"As I was saying...Tania wanted me to go into modelling and I turned it down numerous times. I don't want to be a model." I said.

"Well what do you want to do? You can get your GED." She said.

"Actually there is a local school and she explained her predicament and they are letting her complete her credits online. She is almost finished." Anne said proudly.

"Well that is great news!" Connie smiled and I nodded.

"I like fitness." I said shrugging.

"Don't be so shy, Cecilia. She talks about opening her own gym all the time and being a personal trainer. She came up with a floor plan of weights and the name and everything." Anne smiled and I covered my eyes.

I totally did do that. I put it in colour and everything.

"Well that sounds cool. Cecilia we would all like to help you with anything you ever need." She said and I glanced at her before looking away.

"May I ask who the father is?" Marcus asked.

"Maxwell Andrews." I said.

"Maxwell Andrews? No way!" Cameron said astounded. I eyed him curiously and then noticed he was wearing a school sports shirt.

"Unfortunately." I said bitterly.

"Well why?" Connie asked.

"Things were said and they weren't meant to be said but it's alright. She has people around her who love her." Anne said squeezing my hand and I smiled.

"Boys come and go." Marcus said.