twenty:: flashbacks

"Round up your shit, and meet me by the old turning circle near the old Walmart 30 miles from here. I'll take you to the group then." I ordered my father, earning a hearty chuckle from him.
"My own daughter ordering me around? That's new." He smirked.
"Get used to it." I nudged him. "Rick is in charge where we are. Don't be shocked if he don't take orders from you."
"I'm coming to help my daughter, Kaylie. I won't try anything to harm your people anymore. They aren't the threat any longer." He reasoned.

"Okay." I nodded my head. "Go to hilltop, muster as many men as possible from there, then meet me in 2 hours."
Dad wrapped his arms around my shoulders, planting a peck onto my forehead before I finally rode of on Daryl's bike. I wasn't looking forward to the reaction that the group would have once they saw my father, or how they would react when I tell them that he's staying where we are. I guess the only thing they can do- if they want to live, they have to understand.

I rode along the long highway, my thoughts beginning to overwhelm me when flashbacks and memories of my life took over.

5 years ago.
"It's nothing! She's nothing, Lucy!" I heard my dad scream as I walked through the front door. I grew curious as to what they were talking about but when an unfamiliar blonde woman came sprinting down the staircase, in nothing but lingerie- I knew exactly what it was. She attempted to run past me, but I grabbed her wrist and flew her up against the wall with a thud. She screeched in slight pain- which lead my father and mother to run down the stairs.
"You're disgusting." I spat towards my father. His face softened and slight tears began to dwell in my eyes at the sight of my mother.

She was gaunt and pale. It definitely appeared that she had been crying, heck, I didn't blame her.
"What're you doing here, sweetheart?" Mum asked.
"I was going to ask you and dad to come to dinner. But it looks like he's already had desert." I spat, shooting daggers at my father.

"Let me go!" The lady squealed. I roughly pushed her back, and further into the wall. "Shut the Fuck up!" I screamed before looking at my father.
"Has mum told you yet?!" I scolded. "She was going to tell you today."
"Tell me what?" He asked.
Mum took a deep breath and turned to dad. It looked as though she didn't have the guts to say anything. So I did it for her.
"Mum is sick again, you bastard." I spat. "How do you feel now?" With that, I walked out, kicking the dirty blonde out as I went.

1 year ago-
I'd have been alone for a long time now, fighting walkers off as I go; scavenging as much food and water as I can. I was in the woods, camping on the top of an old oak tree when rustling in the woods below me caught my attention.
"Well well well, what do we have here?" The man chuckled as he looked up at me. "you're a pretty little
Thing aren't you."

"Fuck off." I growled.
"Awe." He moaned. "That's not very nice, sweetheart. I think you and I could have a little bit of fun between us, don't you think? I'm Simon."
"Great.." I rolled my eyes. "Off you go."

Before he could reply, a large force hit the back my head, knocking me out instantly. I woke up to voices barely audible around me- it sounded like yelling.
"Why did you bring her here?!?" A voice yelled.
"I don't know, maybe because you knocked her out for no reason??" The voice that sounded a lot like Simon echoed in my ear.
"Alright.." another familiar voice bellowed as it came into equation. "What was so important--- Kaylie.."

Suddenly my eyes jolted open, I grabbed the scalpel that belonged to the doctor and my feet were on the ground, charging toward Simon. I pushed him against the wall, and the scalpel against his throat. "You mother fucker." I growled. "Where am I? And why in the living fuck did you knock me out?!"
"I didn't knock you out!" He surrendered. "He did." He pointed to Dwight.

Quickly, but without taking too much time- I threw the scalpel at Dwight, slicing him in the upper bicep. He groaned in pain and attempted to charge at me, but some large, and forceful hands pulled him back.