four;; where is the justice- pt. 2

Hey there my doves! 👋
Just a quick note!
I'm currently in process of a Rick Grimes story! I'm working on the first chapter right now! It's called "officer friendly has my heart" As much as I love Daryl & Norman stories, I want to mix it up! So pleaaaase tune in! Follow me so you get a notification when it's up! (Only if you're interested in it of course!) Mwah! xoxox

_________________

Hate. It's like a volcano- pressure created from hot, boiling magma that contained enough heat to make mud boil. Hate expands, like anything that gains heat. It grows, as it expands it explodes. Just like a volcanic eruption, hate kills. Only for so long would I remain calm, after each rant my inner countdown t my next explosion began. I needed to fight often- part of me craved it. Whether it be beating against a human or an inanimate object- I needed to fight. My tantrums were immediate and violent. There was no winding up period, no warning. They were full force from the very start like a bomb with no fuse- just an immediate explosion. But unlike such a blast I could go on for some time, sustained in my rage. Then afterward, I would justify it, excuse it and generally blame it on someone else.

Not this time. This was entirely not on me. I wasn't to blame- I couldn't have been. Dwight? Dwight was a pussy. Rather then sheltering himself away from the walkers or helping us fight, he left us all for dead.. to become of those things.

The bark on the tree was gone- the tree sat in it's normal position although, rather then a dark brown color- the stump was a light, thawny color.
The bare branches spiked into the sky - no sign of life to be found anywhere. It was so dark you were barely able to see where you were going. There were only small sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind. You didn't know what laid in the dark forest, all you knew was that it wasn't going to be a peaceful journey back home.
"Kaylie..." I jolted around to come face to face with Simon- Dad's right hand man. The nicest one out of his group.
"Trevor.." I sighed. He looked at me funnily- realizing that It was a nickname I had given him the moment I met him. Simon reminded me a lot of Trevor from 'Grand Theft Auto V' (A/N: see what I did there?)

"Your father wanted me to come looking for you?" He frowned.
"Like he cares what happens to me." I scoffed.
"You know that ain't true, darlin'." He came closer. "You know Negan loves you."
"Well.." I rolled me eyes as I dug my knife into the bark. "He could have fooled me."
"What happened?" He tilted his head. "Is everything okay?"
"No." I shook my head. "Dwight left us all in the middle of a horde. Took the car and left."
"He what?" He seemed shocked. "That doesn't sound like Dwight."
"Well, he did. Dwight- he's the biggest pussy bitch I've ever come across, Simon. I popped my knee out of place, ordered him to stay in the car while four of us held them off. Lock the doors, wind up the windows.. 2 minutes! He couldn't stay still for 2 minutes!"
"Frank died on that run." Simon frowned. "What'd Negan say about this?"
"I pleaded for Justice against Dwight." I sighed. "Dad said 4 lives are better then his entire group."
"Wow." He gasped. "I can't expect you to go back under a whim right now. I'm making a collection from hilltop. Would you like to come?"
"Please." I groaned. "I can't face him. Not yet."

The drive to Hilltop was short- I opened up to Simon about everything and he seemed to really, intently listen. We arrive at Hilltop- being greeted by Gregory, Hilltop's 'leader' and Jesus. I had always thought that Jesus would run Hilltop alot better and smoothly.
"Kaylie." Jesus greeted. "Long time since you've been here."
"It has been." I nodded. "Dad won't let me out of his sight."

We slowly walked back into the building that used to be classified as a mansion pre-apocalypse. Simon and Gregory went into the office to talk and I was left out in the lobby with Jesus and Dad's men.
The men scattered around the house, picking up supplies and basically leaving the Hilltop colony dry. I felt sick at the pit of my stomach at my father's selfishness.
"I don't understand this shit." I groaned. "What's wrong with sending people on run's to gather stuff? Leaving you people high and dry."
"I don't have a problem going on runs." Jesus shrugged. "Every week gets a bit much however."
"I don't blame you." I slightly smiled. "Selfish bastards."

Simon and Gregory exited the room. "Gregory has something he needs to show us." Simon smirked. Jesus' mood instantly dropped, making me question what he was talking about.
"It's in the cabinet over there." Gregory pointed to the white closet up ahead.
"I got it." I growled as Simon and Gregory started to walk. They stopped and Simon nodded his head lightly.

I walked up to the cupboard alongside Jesus. I opened it slowly to reveal stacked up bottles of whiskey and wine- and beside that sat the pregnant woman from the Alexandrian group next to the darker woman known as Maggie and Sasha. They wore scared looks on their faces- like I was going to reveal their presence. I widened my eyes and stuck my head in.
"Move to the other side, quickly." They nodded their head and quietly moved behind the boxes. I reached over and pulled out a bottle of whiskey. I showed Simon and a smile formed on his lips.
"Negan is going to love that."
"Fuck him." I laughed. "I'll have half."
Simon and Jesus both let out a chuckle as I pulled out the box and handed it to one of the men. Simon came up to me and smiled.
"Bastard tried to sell them out." He mumbled.
"You knew?" Jesus asked.
"Yeah.." He laughed. "I ain't as heartless as you might think."

I watched as Gregory tried to come over to inspect the cabinet. "You're a selfish human being, Gregory. Selling out a pregnant woman for your own safety." I harshly spat in his ear. "I'd kill people like that."

After we loaded up the truck, we were on our way back to the sanctuary. I hopped out of the truck on arrival and instantly approached Dwight.
"Hey barbie." I snapped. "Where's Dad?"
"Damned Alexandrian kid came around and gunned two men down." Lewis butted in. "Your dad took him back."

Took him back? That was highly unlike him. I shrugged my shoulders and walked straight to my bedroom.I grabbed a towel, my boots, my socks and everything I needed to refresh myself before walking down the hall and into the shower room.

The shower's here were a lot like I imagined them to be like in a prison. All of the showers were side by side with a large wall dividing them and a shower curtain in the front.

I turned the nozzle of the shower, before stripping down and stepping into the hot, refreshing water. Allowing my muscles to relax, feeling the steam run.

I heard footsteps, multiple of them; so I poked my head out of the shower curtain, still covering my entire body. The steam covered the two bodies standing at the door way, but after a moment; I noticed it was Dwight and Daryl.

I stared at Daryl for a split second, finally realising that I kissed the man. I felt the heart run to my cheeks as I noticed his smirk whilst he stared at my messy, and wet appearance.

"Can I help you?" I turned to Dwight.
"Was going to give him a shower. He stinks." He yanked the leash Daryl was tied to. "But I'll bring him back later." he said, awkwardly before beginning to turn around.

"He can shower." I called out, allowing them to turn around. "I'm almost done, so I can stay before taking him back."

Dwight obviously knew I wasn't in any state of mind to argue with, he just nodded his head before pushing Daryl into the room and walking out.

"Pick a shower." I mumbled before closing the curtain and continuing to relax. Although, it was impossible while Daryl stood naked in a stall near me.

I closed my eyes and ran the hot water along my long brown hair. Suddenly a large whiff of cold air brushed through my body.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered-yelled.