To Tell The Truth

Jay's POV....

It had been a few days since I had got back in town and I was avoiding Kiah like the plague. I felt like complete and utter shit for lying to her. When I was first approached with the plan to bring down Karter Dennis and his family I was all for it. My big brother Zeek meant everything to me and knowing that Karter was the one who took him away from me and my family didn't have me thinking logically. So when I met Ebony at the bar that night and she told me about her plan, I was so blinded by rage and revenge I told her that I would help her. I ain't know that bitch was one screw short of a tool box and now I regret even meeting her and agreeing to be a part of it. I was to pursue Kiah and get her to fall in love with me and then help Ebony to kill her, the brothers and their crew. But I fucked up big time, I ended up falling in love with her. And when I think about the shit that was doing makes me sick to my fucking stomach. I was getting dressed to finally see my girl after almost a week when my phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, I let out a aggravated sigh.

"What Ebony?" I said into the phone.

"What flew up yo ass?" She asked with a chuckle.

"What you want man, I'm busy." I said with more attitude.

"First of all, you know what never mind, I just called to see if yo head was still in the game." She said.

"Why the fuck you keep asking me the same damn question?" I asked. "Didn't I say I was still down?"

"Watch who the fuck you talking to just cause you sprung off that lil young bitch and her college pussy." She said.

"Fuck off my phone, if you ain't got shit else to do but be on my dick about this." I said.

"Oh I ain't ya dick yet boo, but soon enough." She said.

"Nah Imma pass on that." I said.

"Nigga don't try to front." She said. "You know you love this pussy."

"I had better." I said disconnecting the phone call. "That bitch bat shit crazy."

I was just grabbing my house and car keys when my phone started ringing again.

"What man?" I said into the phone thinking that it was Ebony.

"What's wrong with you?" Kiah said.

"My bad baby." I said. "What's up?"

"I was just calling to see where you at." She said.

"I was actually just on my way ma." I said. "I just got a little side tracked."

"Ok." She said. "Well hurry up I'm hungry."

"You always hungry, ol greedy ass." I said with a chuckle.

"So what ninja, you love me though." She said.

She had no idea how much truth she was speaking. I absolutely loved her with every inch of my soul and it was killing me not being straight with her.

"I do love you, so much Ki." I said. "Please know that, no matter what."

"I do know that baby what wrong?" She asked with concern.

"Nothing baby I'm good." I answered. "I'm Imma be there in 15 minutes and yo ass better be ready too, don't be having me waiting forever Kiah or you gone be eating burger king."

"Shut up big head, I'm ready." She said with a giggle.

"Alright ma see you in a minute." I said.

"Kay." She said disconnecting the phone call.

I had arrived at her dorm exactly 15 minutes later and she came right out.

Ol hungry ass!!

"Damn the fastest that you ever came, we'll to the car that is." I said with a smirk on my face.