Promised In A Hospital

Rebecca's POV
We arrived at the hospital fifteen minutes later. We all ran out because once again Zay farted. You know for a flat butt he farts a lot. We signed in and they took Lucas, Zay, Farkle, and Riley to a hospital room. 2 minutes later the ambulance that brought Maya is here. Was I really going faster than an ambulance was what was going through my head at the moment. After they signed Maya in a nurse came up to me and said "Hi sweetie I'm nurse Jones. I just want to let you know how a police officer is coming to ask you a few questions about Joshua Matthews." She left to go check on a patient. What the hell! I thought we were done with the police. I barely even have talked to Josh. I'm pretty sure I said two sentences to him this past year. Nurse Jones comes back and says "I contacted Maya Hart's mother and stepfather and they will be coming soon." She left the lobby. A police officer came a couple of minutes later. He came up to me and said "Kid come with me." I followed him to an empty hospital room. I sat down and he asked his first question "Ok kid tell me all about Joshua Matthews in this case." I told him all of it. When I was all done he said "Ok kid your done." "Really you just wanted to ask that one question." I said. He nodded his head and told me to leave him alone. Wow what a grumpy man. I'm back in the lobby. A couple minutes later Maya's mom and stepdad come. "Hey Rebecca. Sorry we couldn't come earlier we were stuck in traffic." Katy said while fixing her hair. I puke in my mouth a little. I hate horny older people.

A couple of minutes of awkward silence later my brother and his friends come. Lucas has a broken arm. Zay has a broken leg. Riley has a broken nose and a broken leg. Farkle has a broken arm and nose. They all sit down without any words coming out of their mouths.
Lucas's POV
I'm finally done getting my cast on. We all got pretty beat up. We're just waiting for Maya to come out of surgery. Apparently she got shot in the stomach. A nurse comes and says "Family and friends for Maya Hart." We all get up. "She can have visitors now." The nurse says. Katy and Shawn go first. I put my hands in my pocket and I feel something inside my pocket. It's a box. I open it up and I realize it's Maya's promise ring I was suppose to give her at the double date. Riley and Rebecca realize it and walk up to me. "Lucas, you should totally give the ring to Maya when you visit her." Rebecca said. "Yeah it would so romantic. Maya just finished her surgery and her boyfriend is visiting her. He gives her a beautiful promise ring to resemble their love forever. You should totally do it." Riley said. "Guys I'm not going to do it. Zay and Farkle tell them their being crazy." I said. "Dude you should totally do it." Zay said. "I agree with Zay. Do it. JUST DO IT!" Farkle said. I shake my head no. They all start saying "Please! Do it for Lucaya! We're begging you!" "Fine I'll do it." I said. "Yay." They all say. Katy and Shawn come out and say "We're done who's next." Katy said. "I am." I said. I walk into Maya's room. She says "Hey Cowboy." She says. Man I miss those nicknames. I fell like I haven't been called Cowboy in forever. "Hey blonde beauty." I say. She blushes because I know she misses being called that. "Listen I have to say something that effects our relationship." I said. She looks nervous. Like I'm going to break up with her. She doesn't know it's the opposite. I would never break up with her. We're soulmates. "Maya I've been in love with you since day one. I know it. You know it. The whole world knows it. So I think it's time I give you this." I said. It was a small speech. But it doesn't matter. Maya is in shock and she looks so happy. "Lucas I will of course accept your promise ring." She says. (If you forget what it looks like, go back to Date Night Part 1.) I give her a kiss until we hear someone yelling "Can we come in yet. We're dying out here." It's Zay. Maya says "Come in." They all come in and give us hugs. "Relax guys. It's not like we're engaged." I said. "Soon maybe." Farkle said. "I know we're focusing on Lucaya right now. But, for the first time in a year. I got a date." Zay said. "Really with who?" I said. "Her name is Isadora Smackle. She's an intern here. She goes to our school and she's really cute and I have a date with her Friday." Zay said very excited. "Oh I know her she's in my math class and she told a very inappropriate speech in health class." Farkle said. "Congrats Zay and now I have a reason you were taking so long in the bathroom." Riley said. "Congrats for Zay and Lucaya." I said. I look around and see these wonderful people. These people are going to be the ones who going to be friends forever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys. Next Chapter will be a time skip to where the gang minus Rebecca are going to graduate high school. This book is going to end in like two chapters. It's so sad. Hope you guys like the chapter. Love you guys.
~Riley😎😜
Words: 970