The Insane Man

Maya's POV
"I'm.....Joshua Matthews." The man said.
I stood well sat there in shock. Josh and I dated each other for a month 5 months after Lucas faked his death. I don't know why it was just very stupid. The reason why I was dated him was because I was single for 5 months because I was sad. I didn't really feel anything. Which is one of the reasons I broke up with him. Other reasons was because he was an alcoholic, him and his friends were drug dealers, and one of his friends tried to rape me while they were out at one of those parties where there's a bunch of alcohol.
"Why are you doing this?" I asked. "So I could steal you from Lucas. What else?" He said. How did he find out Lucas was alive? I don't know. Just pretend that Lucas is dead. I said inside my head. "What are you talking about? Lucas is dead." I said trying my best to act. "Oh please. I know that asshole faked his death. Just so I can stop bothering him to kill himself." He said. "What are you talking about?" I said. I had no idea what he was talking about. "He didn't tell you. Well I sent Lucas text messages to kill himself from a blocked number. He kept asking me to stop. I never stopped. So in a result, he faked his death for a year. I went to jail since I did a bunch of crimes. I found out Lucas was alive in jail. Don't ask. So I escaped jail to kidnap you so Lucas would find you. So I can kill him. And then me and you can go to Vegas so we can get married. And live happily ever after." He said. This was a lot to process but when I finally got it I could only say one thing.

"You're INSANE!"
"Mentally,physically,and emotionally." He said. "What!?!!?!" I said. "Oh when I was in jail, I took a bunch of tests and they found out I was mentally, physically, and emotionally insane. So they said when I was out of jail for two months, they would send me to a mental hospital." He said. "Once again you're INSANE!" I yelled. He grabbed duct tape and took a piece off. He put it on my mouth. All of a sudden, there was a tranquilizer.
And everything went black. Again.
Lucas's POV 2 days later
We've been looking for Maya since the date. We put missing signs all over the neighborhood but nobody found her. The weird thing is since Maya disappeared Josh has been coming over the Matthews's house everyday. It's strange. The bell finally rang. Finally,Monday was over. When, I finished getting my things from my locker I got a text from Farkle.
📚-Farkle 🐴-Lucas
📚:Meet Riley and I in the parking lot in the front of the school.
🐴:Be there in 5.
(End of text)
I was wondering why they wanted to meet at the parking lot. Usually they just tell me to come in an hour because they were "doing things." Yep the two most innocent people in the entire world has already had sex. Stupid Riley and her smut stories. I remember when Maya and I- I'm going to shut up now. So I was at the parking lot with Riley and Farkle. "We found out who kidnaped Maya." Farkle said. "Well who?" I asked very curious. "It's Josh." Riley said. "How?" I said. "Maya and Josh dated 5 months after your fake death. They were together for about a month. Maya didn't feel anything with him because she was too sad about your death. So they broke up. Since Josh liked her since we were freshman and was mad when she chose you over him, and more mad when he found out you were the reason him and Maya broke up. He became furious so he decided to kidnap Maya so you could come find her and he can kill you." Farkle said. "But Josh doesn't know I'm alive." I said. "Yes he does. He escaped jail the day before the double date and he obviously is the person who told the news about how you were alive. I mean Maya got kidnaped at the restaurant and the newspaper said you were found at a local restaurant so he has to be it." Riley said. It all made sense. Why Josh came over everyday since Maya got kidnaped. Why he became so insane. Over Maya. "Then he obviously is the person who sent me the texts. It all adds up." I said. "Yeah." They both said. "Wait then where did he go then? That's going to be impossible." I said. "He's at one of those underground rooms where the subway is." Riley said. "How do you know?" I asked. "Oh please it was simple. He's been bragging about his job at the subway. The guy didn't get his license until he was 19. So I doubt he got a subway license already." Riley said. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go find Maya!" I said. "We're coming." They said.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys liked the chapter. Love you guys.
~Riley 😎😜
P.S Happy Holidays and longest chapter. 885 words.