His smile and his eyes were beautiful. He could stare at him all the time.

Yuko left him to watch the ice ring, while she was away with her family on vacation and he didn't mind. After all, he spent most of his time there anyway.

"Phichit is competing this year's Grand Prix Final, isn't he? Are you excited to cheer him on?" Yuuri didn't usually watch the competitions or compete himself. He just prefered to skate by himself alone.

He liked to help others, learn how to ice skate, because who knows, maybe one of his students would break the world's record.

He sighed as his mother turned on the tv. There was a figure skating competition on, but it wasn't any of the important ones.

"....-came close to beating Viktor Nikiforov's world record, but nobody was able to beat it yet," the commentator said.

"Viktor is so hot, though," Minako, in half drunk state, said and leaned forward, then dropped asleep on the table.

"Who's Viktor?" Yuuri asked. It interested him, only because he had the same name as his crush.

Crush?!

Yuuri didn't even know when he started considering Viktor as a crush?! Was it a crush, though?

Minako suddenly woke up from her 'slumber'. "Oh he... He is like the legend in ice skating world. He's won Grand Prix like so many times I lost count," she started laughing after that.

Yuuri made a mental note to check him out.

He tiredly said goodnight to everyone and walked into his room. He flopped down his bed and sighed.

"Viktor Nikiforov," Yuuri grabbed his phone from the nightstand and quickly typed only 'Vikt' when the whole name popped up. "You really must be famous, huh?"

So many hits came up, mostly videos from his routines and he clicked on ice, titled 'Stay close to me' which was apperently from the last Grand Prix.

Yuuri plugged in headphones and started watching.

Firstly, Viktor was facing his coach, but when he turned, his mouth fell open. "NO, NO, NO, WHAT!?"

~

Yuuri impatiently waited at the ring the next day. Was it true? Was Viktor Nikiforov seriously pretending to be a clueless skater? Why would he do that?

"Hi, Yuuri!" Yuuri slightly jumped, happy that he didn't fall in front of the champion of ice skating world.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" once Yuuri looked at his face, he was sure. He's been up whole night, looking for clues that they might be the same person. And he found none that said they weren't.

"Um..-" "Wow, you look like you had rough night," Viktor cut him off.

"Well..-" yeah well thanks for lying to me for over a week..-YES I AM AWARE IT ISN'T A LOT OF TIME...-but please could you just tell me who you are?!

Yeah that was something Yuuri couldn't say. "You're red in the face," Viktor pointed out and placed a chilly hand on Yuuri's forehead, which made Yuuri jump on his skates again.

"Are you trying out a new jump or something?" Viktor felt so confused, he didn't even know what hit Yuuri.

"Nothing, sorry, can we just move on?" Viktor nodded, although he felt Yuuri wasn't himself.

His whole practice he was quiet, avoiding any psyhical contact and it was driving Viktor nuts.

"Okay, okay," Viktor stopped Yuuri. "What is going on? You seem stressed out,"

"I-I..-how long did you think I wouldn't find out?" Yuuri quietly spoke.

Everything slowed down for Viktor as he realized and analyzed every words Yuuri said, individually. "You..-found out?"

Viktor looked down at the ice below him and but his lip. "I was honestly hoping that never,"

"Why? To have me for a fool?" Yuuri bitterly said.

"What?! No!" Viktor exclaimed.

"Then why?!"

"I just wanted some freedom," Viktor started. "From all the fame and stuff like this. And when I met you, you were different and I wanted to know more about you,"

"Me? Why? There's nothing to know about me," Viktor gracefully skated to him and lifted his chin up, so they were staring in each other's eyes. Yuuri's eyes were kind of intimidated, due to Viktor being as close as he was.

This was an ice skating legend. He should feel special, being this close to him!

"At first, I thought you would know who I was, but when you didn't it meant I could be myself with you, without maintaining an apperance everyone wants," Viktor smiled, still holding the other's chin.

"O-Oh," Yuuri stuttered out.

"Then there was that accident where I actually fell," Viktor blushed. "Not even I can tie my shoes properly everytime," Yuuri had to laugh at it a little.

"I'm really sorry that I lied to you, but I hope you understand why I did it," he said and moved away and removed all his warmth from Yuuri with it.

"Anyhow," Viktor started, "I can skate properly now," they both started laughing.

Yuuri moved away to the side, but Viktor grabbed his hand and pulled him closer. "I meant with you,"