Chapter 33: Romeo and The Strange English Teacher

I woke up to the feeling of someone touching my face. I turned the other way, and closed my eyes again. The hand slid down my cheek, and I groaned in response.

"Go away," I mumbled into the pillow.

"Is that anyway to talk to your boyfriend," I blinked myself awake to find Ryan sitting besides me. His brown eyes staring down into mine.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my voice a hoarse whisper still filled with sleep. He didn't respond instead he reached both hands up suddenly, and grabbed the back of my head.

His hands were warm, and tender. He pulled his face down to mine, and pushed his lips against my own.

I pulled away from him, "morning breath," I said embarrassed.

He laughed, and grabbed my head again, "I don't care."

His mouth pressed down against mine, in a matter of seconds I gave in savoring the taste of his lips like I always did. Pushing myself further into the kiss despite my need for air.

Screw oxygen.

He pressed harder, making me utter a soft sigh.

Someone cleared their throat.

I pulled apart finding Liz leaning against the door frame.

"You know I accept the relationship and all but this," she waved her finger in our direction, "will give me nightmares so please leave the PDA when I'm not around."

"I told you to wait downstairs," Ryan said sternly, clearly irritated with his little sister.

"This is my room," she interjected, "plus we are going to be late for school, so sorry to interrupt you lovebirds but we need to go."

Ryan groaned and before getting off the bed gave me one last peck in the forehead.

"Thats much better," Liz smiled. Ryan threw a pillow at her face.

"Ugh you just ruined my makeup!" she exclaimed angrily and ran across the hall towards the bathroom. Leaving Ryan and me alone once again.

"When did you get here?" I asked trudging out of bed and walking towards Liz's closet. He followed me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He placed a soft kiss on top of my hair while simultaneously turning my hips to face his. Like a natural instinct my arms wrapped around his neck.

"I've been here for a few hours already. I wanted to talk to Liz about everything and make sure she was okay with it," he said playing with a strand of my hair.

"And?" I asked curiously.

"And everything is perfectly fine Ave."

"Well in that case could you leave now?" I asked pulling apart from him. He looked surprise almost offended, I was quick to correct myself, "So I can take a shower, and change."

A sly smile flitted his lips, "I think I might just stay for that."

My cheeks turned red, just imagining myself naked in front of Ryan made my palms sweaty, and my heartbeat speed up. He was quick to notice my embarrassment and chuckled, "I'll leave you to it then."

He walked out, and before closing the door behind him he said, "Next time you won't get rid of me so easily."

* * *

I was pretty surprised arriving at school, and seeing Cole's car parked in the students parking lot.

Not only because we completely wrecked it, but I couldn't believe the engine was still running.

Ryan parked next to it, eyeing the poor car up and down, "Damn I wonder what the hell happened to his car?" he asked in disbelief, "Its gonna cost him a fortune to get that thing fixed."

Liz and I stared at each other, a satisfied smile plastered on her face. "Yeah that's unfortunate," she said trying to suppress her laughter.

"Very unfortunate," I added.

With a grin on her face she grabbed her book bag, and got out the car, making her way towards the school's entrance.

"She's in a good mood," Ryan commented looking at his sisters retreating figure, "I wonder why?"

"Must be the beautiful weather change," I smiled innocently at him.

He gave me a knowing look, "What exactly happened at girls night?"

The bell rung before I had the chance to answer, "Saved by the bell," I whispered and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before getting out the car, and entering the devil's den.

English class was surprisingly empty when I got there. Like usual I took my seat in the back with Liz, who was busy chipping away her nail polish. Mr. Gilbert hadn't arrived so most students were busy typing away in their phones, or talking about the latest gossip circling the school.

Which was Cole's car.

I kept my eyes glued on the board, reading the next part of our assignment which was a ten page essay I hadn't even started on. I heard a chair being pulled next to me and to my surprise it was Ayden flashing his classic swoon worthy smile.

"Hey," he whispered.

"Hey."

It was strange talking to him again so casually, the last time I had spoken to him was when we argued in the middle of the hallway, and now everything between the two of us felt different.

"I've been wanting to talk to you for a few days now," he leaned closer to me, "I know we didn't leave things right between us the last time we saw each other."

"Lets just forget about it okay."

"No," he interjected, "I wanted to apologize for acting so strange with you."

In the corner of my eye I could see Liz had stopped what she was doing, and was now staring at us.

"It's okay really," I insisted feeling uncomfortable with the whole situation.

He let out a sigh, "I've missed you." He was about to grab my hand when Liz interrupted, "Ayden last time I checked your not in this class."

"I know I just wanted to talk to Ave," he said averting his eyes to her and back to me, "I'll catch you later." He stood up and proceeded to walk out the classroom just as Mr. Gilbert arrived.

Elisabeth scoffed besides me, "I'm starting not to like Ayden so much."

"After your many failed attempts to get us together," I reminded her.

"Well now I know why it never worked out," she teased, "your true Romeo was always my brother."

"Oh shut up."

The moment after those words came out Mr. Gilbert stood in front of our desks, "I agree," he said, "maybe a little less talking will improve your grade." He dropped my test on top of the desk a large red F written on it.

"I expect to see you in tutoring after school today."

I nodded.

Liz looked at my grade and shook her head, "Oh looks like you've been too busy with your Romeo."

I smacked her in the back of the head with my test.

Of course with my luck Mr. Gilbert noticed and moved me to the front row directly in front of his desk. I spent the rest of the class doodling on my notebook while Mr. Gilbert explained the essay portion of the assignment.

Occasionally he would glance at me, and our eyes would meet. Making me feel unnerved there was something strange about him.

_____________________

I hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please comment and vote I always love to hear what you guys have to say.

Lots of love.