Chapter 16: Getting Your Heart Ripped Out of Your Chest

I could barely comprehend what was happening as I watched Ryan kissing that blond bįtch. Their bodies were pushed close together against the lockers, not caring who passed by and saw them.

They didn't notice me standing there, as my heart shattered into a million pieces.

I knew something was going on between them, I was just too naive to believe it. Why didn't he tell me he was in love with her? and save me the agonizing pain of finding out this way. I wouldn't have minded if he was honest, it would have saved me from my constant doubts whether or not he loved me. It was crystal clear now his confession of love had been nothing but bullshįt.

I couldn't help the sobs that escaped my throat, as I let the tears stream down my face. That seemed to catch their attention as they both turned around to look at me simultaneously. Ryan's face was a mixture of shock and guilt, or maybe I was just reading too much into it as for the blond beauty she wore a proud smirk.

"Ava?" He asked stepping closer to me.

I held my hand up, indicating I didn't want him anywhere near me "Get the hell away from me," I hissed.

Thats when the blond decided to make her presence known and I turned to look at her in pure anger

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I told you, you were no competition" she smiled, a smile so sinister, it disgusted me.

Ryan scream at her telling her to shut up, and moved her arms from his shoulder, almost disgusted.

I was in complete shock, confused by his anger towards her.

"Looks like you're no competition either," I laughed. "Both of you are pathetic."

Ryan stepped towards me, grabbing my hand. "Ava please its not what it looked like," he begged.

Liar, liar, liar.

I yanked my hand away from his touch, and slapped him across the face. I could feel a sting shoot throughout my arm.

That was gonna leave a mark, I happily thought to myself.

I didn't wait for him to react, I turned around, and ran the opposite way. Not giving two shįts about my fucked up knee.

From a distance I could hear him screaming my name, but I didn't bother turning around. Didn't care enough to.

You care.

I did, and thats why I felt like collapsing on the ground, and crying. But I knew better I had to get away from here, and go somewhere private. The last thing I needed was an audience watching me drown in my own misery.

I stumbled towards the school's parking lot, and crouched down between two cars. I leaned against one, and let myself cry. Cry uncontrollably for the last time.

This was the last time, I promised myself.

I brought my knees up, and wrapped my arms around them. The tears flowed down my face, like a river as my shoulders shook.

Everything was perfectly fine when he wasn't here, my life was slowly getting better. I was slowly getting over him, forgetting day by day. Why did he have to come back? Was it not enough for him the first time, he had to come and finish what he started.

He had left me heartbroken but that wasn't enough for Ryan Lockhart, no he needed to make sure my heart was ripped out of my chest. He needed to be the one to do it, I applaud him he succeeded.

I wondered if pain could kill you, I already felt dead inside.

I didn't hear the footsteps approaching me, until a gentle hand was placed on my shoulder. I jumped slightly, and lifted my head to look into the strangers eyes I ran into this morning.