20.

Warning: SLIGHT Thoughts of Suicide

There was still noise trailing the hallways as Louis slips around the room, gazing the area before placing himself on the couch. The couch sat in the middle of the large bedroom, giving the young lad a view over everything, there was no room for someone to sneak in without being heard or seen.  Thought to be true, Louis began to look at his phone before hearing a familiar voice yelling. The noise was coming from the near by balcony, grabbing Louis' attention when he heard his name. 

"Let me go, I don't know where Louis is." Looking over the edge Tomlinson caught a glimpse of Niall in handcuffs, kicking and attempting to fight his way free. Louis quickly ducked before any of the guards were able to see him. Cringing at their voices calling for Niall to give up his dear friend's location. In reality, Niall had little knowledge of Louis' well being and location since anything can happen during war, Plans can be changed.

" My name is Niall Horan, I am the fourth member of the demon defense. I only take orders from Harry, Captain of the demon defense." Those are the only words the blonde repeated each time a question was asked by his torturers. Every "smart" answer rewarded the demon with a side punch to his cheek or his chest. There was no way Niall would betray the devil since he was advised not to speak or give any information about Louis to the opposing side. 

Louis couldn't take it anymore, overlooking his friend who was being beaten because of him. The small boy moved to stand up, but as soon as he stood a hand clapped over his mouth dragging him back into the room. Throwing him to the ground and closing the doors with a snap of his fingers. Finally, gazing up Louis saw raven colored hair with a mean scowl, " Are you fucking stupid or did all the fighting go to your head?"

Louis was shocked by the way he was spoken to, Zayn is Niall's lover and he isn't trying to help. He's mocking Louis for trying to save his friend, Zayn's lover. " No. I'm not going to be a bystander like you obviously. You stand here talking to me while your boyfriend is getting beaten up! How can you say you love him and allow this."

Zayn's eyes began to darken as Louis kept speaking. " Do you think I enjoy hearing my boyfriend scream out of pain," Malik continued grasping the smaller boy's neck prior to raising him against the wall, " bowing down at the hands of another? " Malik's grip became tighter as he began raising his arm , never breaking eye contact, causing Louis to claw at the hand cutting off his breath. " I'm only here with you because your a defenseless piece of shit who the boss spoils and treasures. " Zayn released his grip causing Louis to violently hit the floor leaving him gasping for breath. The demon began strolling towards the window. 

The raven boy could still see his blonde and with blurry eyes, Louis saw Zayn leave to assist him. " If you can manage not to be captured in the time of two minutes, I would like to save my boyfriend before I can't recognize his face," Zayn finished.  The blue eyed boy was left stunned, tears strolling down his cheeks while staggering towards the bathroom to clean himself up. Louis grabbed one of the white wash clothes from under the sink and ran it under the hot water. His hands becoming red and his breath finally returning to a normal pattern. 

Minutes passed and Louis stared at the razor in the cabinet. All he had to do was die in the after world and he would be at rest for ever, not worrying about war, feeling, or ... anything. He knew that Niall would be devastated, but he had no other option, he would understand that right? The small hand brushed over the blade causing a small cut to form on the pad of Louis' thumb. Hissing at the sharp pain, Louis ran his finger under the water before sucking on it. He considered the slice a wake up call.

 A click of the door filled the quiet room followed by the hot breaths of Zayn who happened to be carrying Niall on his back. He placed the boy on the couch and Niall looked at him with a smile. Zayn scanned the room to see the bathroom light was on and the door was cracked revealing Louis' reflection in the mirror. Niall stood up and walked over to the mini fridge sitting besides Harry's desk filled with tea, alcohol, and sparkling water. He tossed Zayn a beer before taking a sip of his tea and setting another on the coffee table where his boyfriend's feet were resting.