You Look Offensive

Start from the beginning

When I arrived, students were already milling about. I sat down where I did yesterday. The woods outside were still slightly dark but you could still see most of everything. Dawn was coming so things were beginning to lighten up. "Hey."

I turned around and found Luca standing there. "Hi. So where exactly are we going to get my wand?" I asked.

"In the Lanid Kingdom. The town has all sorts of shops. Since school has already started and we don't usually have new students they are mostly all closed. The school supplies ones. Thankfully I am great friends with the owner of the wand shop so he is allowing us to go in and stuff. Then we can go anywhere else," Luca suggested.

"Do you guys do sports here? Archery? Track? Anything?" I looked to him for more answers to my questions.

"The sports we do here are the next step. Except archery. That is pretty much the same. The sport that is open to all grades is Tafinta. But we just call it mazing. You run through the obstacles as quickly as you can. There are a whole lot of them, too. So it isn't as easy as it sounds. The ground is always changing. Terrain and everything. The entire game area is up in the air. Each person has a separate... course. Some intertwine with others. It is really hard to explain so you'll just have to wait to see it yourself." Luca shook his head.

"Okay so the ground is high in the air, it changes the terrain depending on the person, while you are going through the terrain there will be obstacles. The person who finishes first wins. Right? When is the next game?" I asked.

"Right and it kind of takes place throughout the whole year. We practice a lot during school times and we don't actually have games until around springtime. The world finals take place over summer break though. It is pretty confusing." Luca sighed. "I'll introduce you to Professor Darby sometime. He runs all of the games."

"Thanks." I rested my head on my hand and sighed. "So what do people normally do on weekends? Walk around outside? Sports? Practice? Clubs?" I turned back to Luca and smiled.

I wasn't exactly surprised to find that he was asleep. His head resting in his arms on the table. I didn't say anything. So when Stevie, Jona, and Carter all arrived I gestured to Luca and held a finger to my lips. Of course, they didn't listen though. They really couldn't help themselves. They picked up Luca and lie him down on the floor. Orion and I tried to stop them by slapping their arms and whisper-yelling at them but they were so giddy by that point that they refused to stop.

Everyone who came in had to step around Luca if they wanted to sit at the other end of this table. I felt bad and tried to wake him up when the boys weren't looking.

"Luca. You have to wake up." Orion whispered. Luca stirred but didn't actually wake up.

Ugh. If he gets mad it won't be my fault. Just in case, I pulled him closer to the table so the teachers wouldn't see him. If they haven't already. Sitting there looking at him made me feel bad. Professor Marda has finished his speech already and food was spread out on the table. There was no fancy beginning this time. Apparently that was only on special occassions.

One more time, I thought. I reached down and grabbed Luca's arm. "Luca." I gave a slight push in my mind like I was trying to send him a message. I felt a tingling sensation on the palm of my hand of a brief moment. Then I had a bad feeling.

Luca bolted up and grabbed his arm. "Ouch!" he looked at me. " What was that for? Why am I on the floor?" Luca stood up with a puzzled expression on his face. The boys laughed at him. "Did you do that?" Luca pointed to me.

"Do what?" I kept a straight face even though I was fighting the urge to laugh at him as I grabbed a role.

"Something shocked my arm. You are a lightning tamer so obviously you had something to do with it." Luca sat down next to Jona and Carter since Stevie and Orion were on my sides. He began filling his plate with renewed energy.