Did You Cuddle With Me?

A/N: Dedicated to the amazing 072010 because she made me this amazing cover! By the way, her cover sparked a new and definitely improved ending for this book! The before ending was boring and rushed, but now I have a much better one! So, thank you 072010 for the cover and the idea!

The next morning, I woke up and looked around... which didn't accomplish much thanks to my blurry vision. If I looked towards the mouth of the cave, I could see a small circle of lavender skies and mist proving that I had woken up before noon, which was great. My skin was hot to the touch and I felt perfectly healthy. Jem was wrong, I was feeling one hundred percent fine. I looked around the cave in triumph before I realized that he was no where to be seen.

"Jem?" I called to him and my voice echoed... but that was the only other sound besides the dripping water. Fear gnawed at my insides. I stood up and slowly began walking towards the forest. "Jem?" I raised my voice the slightest bit and ran to the mouth of the cave. "Jem!" I screamed his name one last time just as I turned to run out of the cave and ran straight into him.

"What's wrong?" He looked behind me and I just closed my eyes as I took a deep sigh of releif.

"Nothing. I was just worried. I thought you had left me or been taken or something. I don't know. Where were you?" I sighed and looked him up and down for any sign as to where he had been.

"I just left to wash my arm off. I may be a clone but that kind of stuff can still be infected." He shrugged as we made our way back to all of our things.

I blushed thinking of how he was injured. "How did you get me to fall asleep last night? I just remember you telling me to lay down and then I was asleep." I grabbed my wand from where it lay on the ground.

"First, I cast a sleeping charm on you. Most people seem to forget that we have our wands if you haven't noticed." As he spoke, I mentally disagreed with him because of what had happened to me last night. "Then, I transferred all of my body heat to you since I can survive through the coldest temperatures. One of the perks of being an Unseelie fae," Jem explained with a very monotone voice, making me want to tear all of my hair out.

I just want him to show some more emotion. "Oh. Thank you. I felt perfect, you're really hot--" I stopped myself and my face turned red. "I mean, warm. You're warm. Anyway, if you're an Unseelie and you can do that then does that mean I can survive really intense temperatures without feeling anything? Hot ones?" I cocked my head and looked at him.

"I said I can withstand them. I never said I felt no pain." He turned away and walked out of the cave.

"Oh." I rubbed my arms and looked to where I had slept last night. "Well, thank you. Again. How did you fall asleep with no body heat?" I caught up to him as he made his way through the Wyldwood once again. He easily avoided the roots and black underbrush, probably because he spent most of his time in this kind of setting where as I grew up in the suburbs and never really went camping.

"I didn't. Listen, Princess. No more of this 'thank you' business. Everything I'm doing I am doing for the championships so don't act like it's a personal favor. Got it?" He spun around and looked me straight in the eye.

"Got it. But--" He glared at me. "Just one last question? Please?" He groaned. "You really didn't sleep all night? How did you stay--"

"I dozed off a couple times. And, I did have a little heat from sleeping beside you so don't act--"

"You slept beside me?" I blushed and bit back the smile that was tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Well, um." He cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair. "Listen, I said one more question and that was two. Nothing else. Nothing." He turned away and I choked down a giggle.