Chapter 68: Rubble

Nick's POV

I felt pure anger as I was told Mitch had left Cory, Uni, Ashlie, and Tommy to die. I knew not all them treated me well, but I knew they were still good.
Crushed by I giant lizard I thought as the rubble began to shift.
The dragon stood up ready to fight.
We rose our swords ready for the dragon.

It let out a mighty roar following up with a breath of fire. Shelby put a shield around us, her tears subsiding.
Rex looked angry as well, as he charged out of the shield with Adam and Jin.

Jin casted a spell that binded the dragon's mouth shut. It tried to open its mouth, but failed and tons of smoke came out of its nose.

Adam flew up to the dragon's face and swung at it, ripping gashes in its face.
Rex stabbed at the belly of the dragon, and it swung it's arms in protest.

"How do we kill it?" I yelled at Jin, who seemed to be studying the beast as Adam and Rex fought it.

"Go for the eyes!" Jin yelled to Adam who flew up and tried desperately to hit its eyes, but it wiggled in protest.

I watched as Shelby dug through the rubble joined by Mitch and Jerome.
I didn't know if I should help search or help fight. I made up my mind and ran to the rubble and dug trying to watch out for the dragon's claws.

I heard Rex yell followed by a thud. I quickly turned around and stared straight into the dragon's eyes, flinging my hand in that direction. The motion was followed by an icicle cutting through air and the dragon's screech.

It stomped around harder than began to flap it's wings.
"Jerome can't you turn into a dog or something to find them!?" Mitch said desperately.
"Oh yeah, right." Jerome said popping into a hound and began to sniff. Mitch and Shelby followed him. I decided to help out and control the dragon a bit. As the dragon breathed fire, I shot water in its mouth burning out the flame.
It spat in disgust and tried again, but I shot more water in its mouth. Adam, Rex, and Jin looked relieved at this.

Adam shot himself in the air onto its' back. He drove his sword in its back and it whaled in pain.

Alex teleported on top of it and grabbed Adam and teleported off.
"Stop!" She yelled. "You're hurting it."

"Wha- that thing is trying to kill us!" Adam argued.
"And you are trying to kill it." She said her eyes flashing purple. "This thing doesn't belong here, in this kingdom. It belongs in the dark forest." She said trying to get Adam to agree.
"It killed them!" Rex yelled.

The dragon rose up on its hind legs and began to flap it's wings. The power of its' wings pushed up dust, moved rocks, and we had to cover our faces and try to push all our weight to the ground.

It roared in anger and swiped at Adam, he was shoved into a pile of debris. Alex teleported in front of the raging dragon trying to calm the beast down. She waved her hands out in the air, her purple eyes glowing.

"What the heck are you doing!" Rex yelled and ran at the dragon pushing Alex out the way, swinging his sword.
The dragon easily stopped him, and pinned him to the tattered floor.
It growled at him, bringing it's face close to Rex's baring it's teeth at him.

"A little help would be appreciated, Nick!" Rex yelled and I quickly formed icicles out of thin air shooting them at the dragon.

It was unfazed by my attempt to distract it and just opened its' mouth wide at Rex.

"I am not gonna die being digested by a giant lizard!" Rex shouted.

Jin, not being the fighter he is, tried to stop the dragon shooting fire balls at it. The dragon retaliated with fire of its own, still hovering over Rex, it shot fire at Jin.