Chapter 3: Greetings

Ross' POV

The 6 of us looked around at the house. The kid wearing the weird mask looped around the house with his friend. Adam and Jin examined the door. Me and Shelby watched
The masked kid and his friend came back and moved in front of everyone. They pushed the door open and walked inside.

Adam hissed at them,"What are you doing. This isn't your house... Not that you would listen anyways."   Adam then sighed and mumbled," Thief." As he walked in.

The masked kid and his friend were inside looking at a table with chairs. Jin pulled out his silver box opened it and pulled a note.    " Welcome to my home. Please sit down and wait a bit." Jin read.

He then walked to the table where the masked kid and his friend were now sitting. Jin sat down too beside them. Adam walked over and stood next to Jin. Shelby went and sat down so I did too. Adam was still standing.

"Sit down." Jin told Adam. Adam sat down then a guy came out.

" HI I'm Red." He said. "Welcome to my and now your new home." He said with a giant smile.

"Now let's start with this, say your name and anything you want them to know about you. Then when we are done everyone will rest until morning. Then I will tell your your new power."

Red took a seat at the end of the table. There was still one more seat open at the other end of the table. "Who first?" Red asked.

There was just silence then Shelby said" I'll go."

" HI I'm Shelby." She waved then pointed at me." This is my cousin Ross. I'm 15 and I really like baking but I'm terrible at it...Oh and my parents are clothes designers. " She adds.

Everyone was quite and looked around the room I started to notice it was lit up by a shandlier over the table there was a door way to my right that looked like it led to a kitchen. Stairs were in front of me behind Shelby who sat across from me. To my left was another door way. I could see couches in the there and a coffe table.

I was about to speak then Adam stood up.
" HI I'm Adam some people call me Sky. I am a guard for the lord. I left to train with him when I was about 6 and now I'm 17. This is my companion Jin. And I was hunting down someone." He glared at the masked kid.
" Before I came here and got this box." He slammed his silver box on the table with a giant grin on his face.

"Well that looks like my que." Jin said then stood up. "Hello everyone, my name is Jin. I am the Mage's apprentice so I am quite familiar with magic. I would like to know more about what we are doing here and why we were summoned. I am also 16." He said." Ross you may go" he added in.

I stood up looking very nervous. I twirled my thumbs then said," HI I'm Ross. Umm ... Shelby's cousin. And umm... I have a pet chicken... Or had one. His name was thunder muffin. Umm. My parents are well... Farmers I guess. And ye." I finished and sat back down. I straightened out my red bow tie and sat in silence.

I gazed over to where the masked kid's friend was sitting. Right next to me. The two of them seemed to be talking to each other silently. The kid next to me made a sad face while the masked one shook his head sighed then stood up.

"Hi. My name is Cory this is my best friend Nick." Nick waved at us and said "Hi." Cory continued "We didn't have anything better to do so... Why not follow the directions of a magic box giving out necklaces and notes."

"Thief." Adam yelled.

"Oh yea... I'm-" Cory tapped his mask "A well known thief or bandit. Some would even say."

" I should bring you in!" Adam yelled.

"Now wait a minute you don't want to do that." Nick stood up with a smile on his face.
" After all we are a team... Right?" He looked at Red.