Chapter 11: Together

Shelby's POV

I was holding Cory's hand as we walked into the unknown. He sounded dead serious when he told me not to speak of it. I am terrified I have no idea where Ross is and I feel as if it is my fault. I let him go. I shouldn't have let him go I thought to myself. Cory suddenly stopped and I walked into him. "Pay attention." He muttered then pointed to a cave. "I think Ross is in there."He said.

"How do you know?" I asked." I've been following your necklace glow, mine only turns black so I can't really follow it, but yours glows white so... I figured you would be thinking of Ross and you would lead us straight to him."He said with a smug look on his face. It was already day, and I wasn't  ready to go back into darkness, but if there was a chance Ross was in that cold wet dark cave, I would take it. And I walked in. I immediately regretted my decision but there was no turning back. I was pretty sure I just signed mine and Cory's death warrant.

As we walked deeper and deeper, we could hear the drips of water. Then we heard Ross. He was whispering help. I ran up too him and grabbed his shoulders. "Ross!" I said with tears. Cory then quickly moved in front of me and Ross and held his knife up. Before us was a dark entity crazy purple eyes, a foggy black smoke with sharp teeth and claws was standing right in front of us. It took a step forward.

"Stay behind me." Cory said. I got close and personal with Cory leaning against him and Ross leaned against me. The entity took a step closer and brought it's claw to Cory's face. It scraped it's claw on Cory's mask really really slowly. The echos of the scratching noise went through the cave. When it suddenly stopped, Cory took a step back. Causing me to fall to the side. The entity immediately charged at me. I rolled to the side before it his the ground. I got up and ran. But soon I hit a dead end.

The cave wall looked dark, and cold. The entity rose up and cornered me their. It brought up its hand,it was going to scratch me but some one yelled," Stop!" It was Cory. He had his knife in hand and was standing next to the entity. "Stop right now." he demanded.

The entity looked at him then stopped and looked as if it was considering the option but shook its  head and took a couple steps closers. Cory then went in between me and the entity. "If you take one more step closer I will have no other choice." He said as he raided his knife at the entity. Cory looked dead serious which scared me. I thought he might actually try to attack it. And I was afraid he would win.

The entity made some weird noises then looked over Cory's shoulder to look at me. Cory then moved to block me from the entity and took a step closer towards the entity. The entity then looked directly at him and its eyes started to glow purple. Then it backed away into darkness.

"That was rossome!" Ross shouted weakly.

"Keep it down, you don't want it to come back." Cory said. I headed towards Ross and grabbed his hand. I smiled at him. Cory tried to walk ahead of us but I grabbed his hand too.

"Thank you." I said.

"What ever." Cory responded, but I didn't let go of his hand. It felt nice having Ross and Cory by my side, but that moment didn't last long because we heard some one yell, "Hello!"

Nick soon came into sight, someone was behind him, but I couldn't tell who. Cory shook my hand off quickly, and I let go.

"Hey guys, look who I found." Nick said giving us a smirk. Then he side stepped out of the way smoothly to reveal the person who was behind him.

It was a girl, she had a brown and a purple eye. She was wearing jeans, sneakers, and a white tank top, and a black jacket over it. Her hair was short, curly, and brown, she was giving us a mischievous grin, like the one Nick and Cory always made. And around her neck was a necklace with a purple crystal.

Jin's POV

I looked around for a bit but headed back to the camp sight. I set a locator spell so this place would be easy to get back to. I would head into the forest and head back to the camp sight. I knew deep down inside everyone was fine, but were they? Some one may be hurt, dieing and asking for help, but know one would know. I started to read to get these thoughts out of my mind.

"How did I loose my hole crew?" I said aloud.

"Well you didn't, we are right here." I turned to see. Ross, Shelby, Nick, Cory, and some other girl.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"The reason we came here." Cory answered. "So can we go home now. I have had enough of this place."

"Yea." Both Ross and Shelby said then shuddered.

"No, you all need to rest, by the looks of it,I'm going to say you didn't sleep at all." I said addressing everyone.

"No." Nick, Ross, Cory, Shelby, and the girl responded. I sat everyone down and I started playing a thousand questions with the new girl.

"Where were you born?" I asked

"I don't now, here I guess." She responded.

"What is your name?" I asked next.

"Alex." Nick responded.

"Do you know that your necklace has magic?" I asked.

"Yes." Alex responded.

"Do you know how to use it?" I asked Alex.

"Most of them, but sometimes, it can control you, it's at those moments where you loose control and you become a puppet for the magic, just a body for it to live." Alex said looking at Cory.

"What magic do you have?" I asked.

"Dark magic. He has dark magic too, right?" She pionted at Cory."That is why the entities didn't attack him." Alex said. "Thats why they listened to him."

"Wait, Cory you encountered a dark entity?" I asked.

"We all did." Ross said.

"Not me." Nick said proudly.