Chapter 62: Cookie Thief

Shelby's POV

I woke up, and like usual went to Ross' room. He was still asleep like always. Jin was up wondering the hallways.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The entity... it showed me something. And I'm not sure I can believe it."

"Believe what?" Adam said walking in with Rex.

"Where were you!" Jin demanded.

"Dude my morning exercises. Gotta stay fit." Adam said and Rex looked exhausted.

"I haven't even eaten! He made me run, with nooooo fooooood." Rex whined.

"Well of course I did. If you had eaten, it would have made you throw up." Adam countered.

"I doubt that." Rex muttered.

"Be my guess and try it." Adam said with a grin.

"Where is Mitch?" Adam asked.

"Patrol with Alex and Deadlox." Jin said.

"No word of Jerome?" Adam asked.

"None." Jin replied.

"Where's Uni?" Adam asked.

"Right here." Uni said with a yawn opening his door. "You guys are so loud." Uni said rubbing his one good eye.

"Let's eat I'm starving!" Rex yelled.

"I wanna get a cinnamon bun." Uni cheered.

We walked together and grabbed some food and sat down. We were talking casually. When a little boy ran up to us.

He quickly grabbed a cookie from Rex's plate, then went to another table and took their cookies, then another and another.

"What the heck! All I did was want to peacefully eat my cookies. Some one needs to teach that kid a lesson." Rex stood up.

"Since when were there kids here?" Jin asked.

Uni just sipped at his tea, and his eyes followed Rex as he walked away to look for the thief.

Rex came back. "Where did that twerp go!" He yelled in anger.

"You can't beat up a kid." I said.

"Psh sure I can." Rex said and pulled down his mask. "I've done much worse then hurt smaller kids."

In the corner of my eye, I saw the little child run to another table and grab someone's milk, he then sat on the floor next to the table.

"There he is." Jin said pointing the child out and Rex got up.

"Stop." Uni said and Rex sat back down.

Uni stared at the kid for a while. I copied and looked at him too.

The child was very dirty and he had red stains on his clothes. His hair was kinda clumped together, and his clothes were torn.

Uni sniffed the air.
"That is a unique smell..." Uni said.

We all soon just started sniffing making loud sniffling noises.

"Smells like ash, or something burnt." Adam said.

"Yeah." Rex said.

We watched the kid wipe the milk off his face and stand up. He then ran around a bit and grabbed some more cookies from someone's plate, which the person did not look to happy about but let it slide.

The small kid then ran to another table and jumped on someone's back. The person laughed then handed the kid some pancakes which the child took great fully.