Chapter 9: Isolation

Ross' POV

Even though it was still day, the forest was dark and spooky. We walked silently inside. Jin kept reminding us to think of the dark user. I tried to think of the happy user. I doubt there was actually one, I was just to scared and did not think dark thoughts would help in this moment. Cory and Nick looked perfectly fine. They were both smiling and talking as if the world around them wasn't in such a terrible situation. I could tell Shelby was scared. She would take every step with caution. Every time she heard something move, she would quickly turn around. At one point she screamed cause a spider was on her. Jin was doing okay. He looked like he wasn't scared. He was just doing his job. I think he was thinking more of the mission then what was truly up ahead. I knew Cory knew he had even said it earlier. We will be heading straight into dark entities and an army I recalled. "Fun." I thought. Once it started to get dark Jin told us to stop. We all did gladly and pulled out the enchanted boxes with tents. We each clicked the button then set the boxes on the floor. Sure enough full tents popped out.

"Amazing!" Nick yelled. Then he dug through his pack and tossed Shelby some mushroom stew, "Mind cooking?"
that he asked.

"Okay why not." Shelby shrugged. "Let me first get some fire wood." she said then walked away.

Nick soon wondered away, Jin didn't seem to notice and kept reading his book. After a while Shelby and Nick still hadn't returned.

"I'm gonna look for Nick and Shelby." Cory said.

"I'll go with you."I quickly said. Cory seemed to think about it then just left. I followed close behind. The moon was already in the sky and it was really dark.

"NICK!! SHELBY!" Cory shouted but there was no response. It was getting harder and harder to see. Soon I could barley make out the outline of Cory.

"Did you hear that?" Cory said.

"Hear what?" I questioned. Cory then took off running. I tried to chase after him, but I kept stumbling and falling. I fell flat on my face and cried. I was alone lost scared and cold. This place is cold I thought.

Cory's POV

"I swear I heard some one say hello." I said to Ross. Only to be returned by silence. I turned around and saw Ross was no where to be seen. Where is he I thought. I have no time for this so I continued walking. Then in the corner of my eye I saw a purple light and just like that, it vanished.

Shelby's POV

While I was looking for wood I saw a girl with one brown eye and one purple eye. It was the girl from my dream. I ran at her and yelled, " Wait." But she soon vanished. I kept running hoping I would catch up to her. But I couldn't find her. I soon relised I was lost in the middle of the forest. I could hear what I thought was screaming, then I would hear the hoots of owls. Then something moved from the corner of my eye. My first Instinct was to run, so I did. I ran and ran and ran with out stopping. What ever was behind me was closing in. I could hear its feet slam the ground behind me. I did a sharp turn and slammed into something. I fell on the ground and beside me was Ross.

"Ross!" I exclaimed then I heard a loud screech behind me. Me and Ross looked at each other and in unison we said," Run!"

Ross slowly fell behind. I grabbed his hand and dragged him with me. As we got tired we slowed down, but it didn't. Ross was then yanked out of my hand and thrown into a tree.

"Ross!" I yelled tears streaming down my face. It then dragged Ross into darkness. I Sat on the ground sobbing. "Ross." I said over and over again. Then what ever it was came back. It was circling me. I quickly got up and started running, tears streaming down my face, but it grabbed me and yanked me backwards. And I hit a tree. And everything turned black.