Chapter 14: Mentor

Jin's POV

After I heard Ross and Shelby talking I became curios too, but I remained stuck in my books. I would ask Adam about it later.

When that time came, he completely dodged the question and started to talk about the patrols. When I tried confronting him about dodging my question he just completely ignored it and continued speaking. First I thought Adam was just being him, but with more examination, I could tell he was keeping something.

"Something happen Adam?" I asked.

He shook his head and smiled at me then jumped on his bed, still no words. I could hear him snore, so I went to bed too.

When it was morning Adam and I checked on everyone. Shelby and Alex had been getting out of bed. Ross was still sleeping. Cory and Nick were not in there cabin. Adam just nodded at that and walked away. When I went to catch up to him and ask him about why they weren't in there cabin. He replied with," They have their reasons." Then walked off.

I shrugged that off and went to get Shelby. She was already in the breakfast hall with Alex next to her. "When do you think we will be going back?" I asked her.

"I don't." she replied squeaky. Mitch and Jerome then sat next to Shelby and me,with Alex in between.

"Why was this place so kaotic?" I asked them.

"Well, after our mentor died no one knew who to go to. Our training had just stopped, and we would fight dark entities -" Alex raised and eyebrow but no one noticed. "now and then who entered the kingdom, but now it's just overloaded with em." Mitch said.

"Wait, your mentor died. How?" Shelby said sympathetic.

"Well before are training even started are mentor told us that he was dieing. He said that since we were given the magic his was wearing out faster, causing all the years of age to finally catch up with him. After a couple of months of training. He turned to dust." Jerome said, then started whimpering.

"Aww don't cry buddy. The dude was like 100 years old, I bet he did some really neat stuff." Mitch said trying to cheer up Jerome.

"So, does that mean that our trainer is slowly dieing too?" I asked Mitch.

"Wait you didn't know?" Mitch asked.

"No." Shelby said.

"Oooops. Well I don't think it was are place to tell then." Jerome said.

"A little to late buddy." Mitch said to Jerome.
They sighed."You didn't hear it from us." Mitch said. Then both him and Jerome got up to sit with the other guardians in the hall.

"Well that's sad." Shelby said.

"What is." Alex asked.

"There mentor is dead." Shelby reponded.

"But like Mitch said, He or she probably did some really grand things when they were alive. Like defending the kingdom, probably saved the world or something too." Alex said with a smile.

When we all finished eating, we headed outside to look around. We saw Ross and he began to tag along with us.

Adam's POV

When I saw Cory and Nick were not in their cabin, I knew exactly where they were. Jin had been asking more questions then usual so I think he is getting suspicious. I was able to shake him off my back and I started for the infirmary. Like usual, there were two guards outside the door. They weren't actually there to keep Uni and ARG in,they didn't seem dangerous at all. It was more to keep other people out. I nodded at the guards and they opened the door. I walked in and sure enough. Cory and Nick were propped up against the wall, sitting on the floor. Nick was tilted onto Cory's shoulder. Cory wasn't wearing his mask. He probably didn't expect anyone to come in. I then looked at Uni and ARG. Uni was sleeping on a medical bed. He was looking pretty comfy. ARG was sleeping on a different medical bed. His leg was wrapped in bandages and propped up with pillows. I was about to walk out, when I saw a sudden movement.

I turned around quickly and Uni was sitting up. "Thank you." he said giving me a smile.

"For what?" I asked.

"For taking us away from them, for helping me and ARG, for being quite about what had happened to us, to them." He said then looked at Cory and Nick who were still sleeping.

I nodded at him."Your welcome." I said with a smile. I was turning away when Uni stopped me again.

"I know I owe you, but I want to ask one more thing of you." He said.

I turned around slightly, "Yeah?" I asked

"Can me and ARG come with you, back to Kalá. We miss that place, and we want to stay close to Nick and Cory." Then Uni looked at ARG, "We don't want to be taken again."

I nodded at Uni. "If that is what you want, I'm sure you can tag along, but ask Nick and Cory about it too." I said then walked out the room.

Nick's POV

I still couldn't believe Uni and ARG were alive, yeah ARG thought I was a coward, but I owe him my life. After all, he did untie me and sacrificed himself for me.

It was morning already, probably around ten. I woke up by Cory, he was making whining noises in his sleep. I poked him and whispered "Cory." I could feel his heart beat start to race. "Cory."I hissed. His breathing was now getting heavier. I waited for a while but it didn't stop, and he seemed to be turning a lot. "Cory!" I said louder then I intended. I shook him. His eyes flew open and so did I. And by that I mean, Cory accidently used magic causing me to go stumbling backwards.

"S-Sorry Nick." Cory said. Grabbing his Mask, standing up, then putting out a hand.

Uni was already awake and was looking at us. ARG was now sitting up, scratching his arm.

"So I know I haven't said anything, but you have MAGIC!" Uni said smiling." I can't believe both of you do."

"So what powers do you have?" Uni questioned.

"I have water." I said proudly

"Death." Cory said with a sigh.

"Sooooo I'm gonna go on a limb here(get it,limb?) and say you can't heal my leg." ARG said.

"Shelby probably could." I said.

"Who ever said Shelby had healing powers?" Cory countered.

"Well you suck the life of stuff, so why can't Shelby give life?" I asked.

"Point proven."Cory responded. Uni started to speak up now.

"Cory, Nick, can me and ARG go back with you to Kalá?"He asked. Me and Cory went silent. Cory was probably thinking how the heck are we gonna explain to the others that as kids they were kidnapped, brought to the Prodótis kingdom and then Adam took them back here after finding them in the woods. In fact now I started to think of that too. How would that conversation go?

Cory let a loud sigh," Of course you two can come. How are we supposed to say no." Cory then looked at me and I could tell he was thinking "Seriously how do we say no."

I laughed out loud then said," On one condition."

"Oh for crying out loud Nick." ARG yelled.

"You two can not speak of what happened to Cory."I said.

"Thats understandable." ARG said.

"Why?" Uni asked.

"Come on Uni, you hide your janked up eye with an eye patch Cory hides his janked up face with a mask." ARG said proudly with a scoff.

"Oh wow, thanks for the compliment." Cory said.

We all laughed except for Cory who was probably thinking,"I'm gonna kill you." Or something like that.

When we finally finished laughing and could catch our breath, Uni said," Great now I can tell Adam you guys said yes."

"Or we could." I said gesturing to me and Cory.

ARG and Uni nodded at us, and we walked out the room.