Chapter 20: Ideas

Uni's POV

Shelby had came in asking a couple of questions, and now wanted to heal Rex's leg. If she failed, well I don't believe it could get worse. If it worked, well Rex could finally get up and start moving again. And I doubted Shelby would fail, she did bring Cory back from the verge of death, so I trusted her. Rex nodded slowly then said,"Sure why not, let's give it a try." Shelby then walked up to Rex, and placed her hands on his injured leg. She closed her eyes and her necklace began to glow. Then her hands started to glow in unison with the necklace, getting brighter and brighter. When the light died down, Rex had a giant grin on his face.

"That feels a hole lot better!" He exclaimed. Rex quickly reached over to his leg and pulled the bandages off. He then wiggled his leg and jumped out of bed, almost knocking down Shelby. "Thanks!" Rex said cheerfully. "Come on you guys, lets go show the others." Rex said and jogged out the room. Shelby and I followed him. Shelby pranced around beside me humming a little toon. I tried to listen at first, but my mind took me elsewhere, back the camp me and Rex were put in, in the Prodótis kingdom. I shook the thought out of my head, then came back to reality, we were already at the door leading to outside. Nick, Cory, Adam, and Alex were their. Nick and Adam had weapons out, and were fighting, Adam would summon the winds every now and then, pushing Nick back. Nick was shooting ice spears at Adam, and Adam would deflect them with his sword.

"Man how they have changed." I said out loud. Rex nodded in agreement.

"I still can't believe the coward is actually fighting for once... but you can still tell how he was from his fighting style it's cleary more on defense." Rex said crossed arm with a nod.

Shelby and I watched as they fought for a while, Rex was right, Nick was defending more rather then attacking, and when he did attack, it was often sloppy, or just a bunch of rapid ice shards.

"You're right Adam, Rex, what ever your name is..." I said. Rex laughed at me. "Anyways, you are right, Nick is way more on defense." I finished.

"Of course I'm right,back at Kalá all he would do is hide, and was always tricking us in murder, I swear, that kid has a mouth all right." Rex said with a smirk.

"Remember hide and seek, he would always convince Cory to come out. And, he would crawl on the ground all creepy style sometimes." I said. Rex and I laughed remembering Nick army crawling his way to get us. Then, are laughing suddenly turned to dred, remembering Nick yelling when the guy grabbed him. We went quite. Shelby looked at us curiously, " Why so glum all of a sudden? I was liking your story." She said with a look of concern.

Rex and I sighed in unison. "Those good times ended quickly. Hah Uni?" Rex said.

I nodded. Then put a smile on my face, "Well, that's in the past, it's better now." I said putting my arm around Rex and with my other hand I gestured to the others.

Rex nodded and we walked over to where Alex and Cory were, Shelby was by our side, we were careful not to interupt Nick and Adam's fight. Rex proudly stomped in front of Cory. "Nice your leg is better." Cory said.

"Shelby healed it." I added in.

Cory put his hand on the back of his head then snapped, " Why don't we play a game." He said.

"Like?" I asked.

"Hide and seek." Cory said with a big grin.

Rex and I froze in shock. " Uhh... Cory... we haven't played that game-" Cory cut me off. "Oh don't be such a big baby Uni, it will be fun." He then shouted to Nick, " Wanna play hides and seek?"

"Uhh I don't know Cory, the last time we played... it didn't go so well." Nick said very cautious.

"Come on guys that sounds fun, don't be such a NERD." Adam said.

"Yea lets play." Shelby said high pitched.

"Come on, there shouldn't be anyone here except us, the place is literally in a magic tree, that you have to know the password for." Cory said. "It should be perfectly safe, unless their is some magic entity Red didn't tell us about."