Smiling Badwood

I'm never going to carpool with Erica and her boyfriend again. We had a flat tire again at the same place.

I was finally going back to my grandparent's house.

"Need a lift?" A voice said.

I turn around to see a white car parked on the road. Aunt Ihara sat in the driver's seat while Alec sits in the passenger's sear and Yasmin sits at the back.

"Erica, is it just me or are you gaining weight?" Aunt Ihara asked, eyeing Erica's tummy.

"Mom, come on." Yasmin whined.

"Okay, okay. Patience!" Aunt Ihara presses on the gas and they sped off.

^^^

"What are these?" I ask, looking at the box of chocolate.

"It's a gift for you. An early Christmas present." Evan smiles and I couldn't help but smile.

I haven't smiled in a while.

We were in my grandparent's backyard. Evan decided to pay a visit. Surprisingly, grandpa likes Evan.

"Thank you." I said, meaning it.

I open the box of chocolate and regret it. Just as the cover was off, a huge muddy frog hops up.

"AH!!!!!" I scream as I stagger back in freight and disgust. "Ah! Get it away from me!"

Evan just laughed, touching his stomach. Idiot! I took steps back, trying to escape the frog, but only to fall back into the cold pool.

Then an idea hit me.

>Evansten

Anneeka hasn't been smiling lately and it breaks my heart. I don't want that pretty face frowning.

When she fell into the pool, and started screaming she couldn't swim. I dived in to save her.

"Are you okay?" I ask her worriedly as soon as I put her on the floor.

She coughs and looks at me. Her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"No, you didn't." I say.

"Gotcha!" She laughs.

Oh, she played me.

^^^

"Grandma, I need your help!" Yasmin yells as she enters the house. "Oh hey, Evan."

I open my mouth to say something back, but she turns away again, calling for her grandma.

I was lounging around in the living room while waiting for the bad girl getting ready upstairs. Anneeka decided that we should hang out today because we haven't been hanging out. We are going to the beach.

"GRANDMA, THERE YOU ARE! I NEED YOUR HELP!" Yasmin yells when she meets her grandma. She was about to tell her something, but then she remembered I was in the room.

"Evan, can you please leave the room?" She asked politely.

"Uh..I'll be in the backyard." I said quietly before heading to the back.

I gotta admit, the Badwood family are rich. Their houses are all modern looking, homey. I sat on a chair beside the pool, facing the house. I look around. Their grandma must really love flowers. There's so many flowers. I then turn around and saw....

"LIKE THE VIEW?!" Anneeka said sarcastically from her room on the second floor.

I caught her putting on a dress a while ago.

She then closes the curtains and I try to get the picture of her in her lace bra out of my head. Damn you, Anneeka.

^^^

"What are you doing in here?" Anneeka asked rudely when she saw Yasmin sitting comfortably in the back seat of my sister's car.

While Anneeka took her time looking for the perfect outfit, her grandpa threatened me. And I thought he likes me, but no. It was just an act. I need to prove it to him that I'm perfect for his granddaughter. Wait, what?
I love Anneeka, but maybe it's just one sided. Anyway, he wanted Yasmin to come along in case something bad happened. Yas gets something good out of this though.

"Waiting for you so we can get this over with already," Yas said coolly, ignoring Anneeka and her death glares.

"Ugh, why are you coming with us?"

I started the car, turning the AC on. I look at Anneeka. Her straight hair was now curly. She added makeup to her face. She wore a tight ripped shorts with a black crop top, showing her belly button. And then the picture of her with her lace bra invades my mind.

"Why can't I come? It's just a friends hangout not a date." Yasmin retorts and Anneeka freezes and so do I.

"Right?" Yas asked, she was looking at her phone.

"Uh, yes. You're right." I nod.

"Okay," Yas shrugged.

Anneeka throws her the middle finger and sits in the passenger seat. I step on the gas pedal and quickly stepped on the break when Yas yelled,"Wait!"

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Drive carefully, okay? You don't have your driver's permit or license yet. I don't want to go to jail." Yas reminds me.

"I'll drive carefully." I reassure her before we drive off.

When we got to the beach, the sun was already setting. It was beautiful. But not like the girl in front of me.

"You look pretty," I tell her. She smiles and hides her face behind her curly hair.

"Thanks, jerk." She muttered.

We start walking side by side in the water.

"So how's Anne?" Ugh, what's up with her always asking about Anne? Anne is just a friend.

"She's okay." I answer.

"Have you told her you have a cute crush on her?"
"But I don't," I said.

She looks at me like I have two heads. Is it just me or did she look like she was relieved?

"But you said you like a girl named Anne. She's named Anne." She spoke.

I stop in my tracks, causing her to do the same. She looks so beautiful. She waits for me to say something. I held her wrist, feeling her soft skin. I saw her body went stiff, but then relaxed. I get these sparks every time I touch her. It feels good. She makes me happy. I need to tell her about my feelings.

"Anneeka, I like a girl named Ann. A-N-N. Not Anne with an e. And it's you." I confess, looking into her shock filled eyes.