Calling Badwood

"Something's wrong,"

Everyone at the table looks at Erica. My uncles and aunts and their family are all here at our house. We are having dinner together to celebrate my Aunt Mia who just got engaged this morning.

My mom asked,"What do you mean?"

"Well, every time we have dinner and it gets so quiet, Yasmin would ruin the silence. But we've been quite for a whole five minute and I haven't heard a 'awkward'. Where's Yasmin, Aunt Ihara?" Erica asked worriedly, looking uneasy.

"She went to the movies with Anthony and her classmates to watch Moan-a." Aunt Ihara says, cutting her steak.

"Moana, Aunt Ihara. Mo-Ana. Not Moan-a. It feels weird without her here." Annette said.

"Oh shut up, no one asked about your opinion." I snap at her.

"What's your problem!" Screamed Annette.

"Are you stupid or what? It's obvious, you're my problem." I said bitterly, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Girls, please don't start-" Mom starts, but I cut her off.

"-or what, ma? You'll ground me again? Sure, go ahead. I don't give a sh*t anym-" Then I was rudely interrupted.

"Silence, Anneeka!" My dad's voice boomed, making me look at him.

Of course. It's always me. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born. No matter what I do, it's never enough. They always bring Annette before me. She's the special one. I wonder what would it be like if Angel didn't die.

Angel is my oldest sister. My mom was pregnant with her when she was almost due. But then they got into an accident where my mom fell on a sharp pointy rock which made my sister die. We call her Angel because she's an angel now. I wish she lived and what happened to her, happened to me.

"When can you finally grow up?" Dad snapped at me. "You're acting very immature. Why can't you be like your sister who knows how to be kind and responsible? Grow up, Anneeka."

Tears were forming and I did my best to keep them back.

"At least, I'm not a backstabbing sister." I muttered, walking away.

I put on my slippers and run out the door in just shorts and a sleeveless crop top, forgetting to take a jacket. I don't know where I was heading, so I just let my feet take me somewhere.

I hate my family.

^^^

It's raining hard as I sat on the cemented table at the Tourism Park. I faced the ocean, watching the big waves crash. It's not really dark since there was a lamp hanging on a tree a little far away from where I sat.

I'm completely wet as I hug my knees. My hair is sticking to my face and my clothes as I cry quietly.

Maybe you deserve this.

You're acting very immature.

Grow up!

I don't know how long I sat there, just staring straight at a rock.

I felt someone wrap a towel around me as the rain stopped. I love the feeling of the warmth the towel was giving me. I still stared straight as he pulls me to his chest.

"Anneeka, are you okay?" Evansten asked, worry evident in his voice.

Evansten told me to call him if I wanted to hang out, talk, or needed something. He kept his word when he said he'll always be here for me. Here he is, and I'm glad he's here for me. I called him when he was in the middle of doing a project. He left that project for me and that's sweet of him to do so. Brad never does that when it comes to car races.

"I was never okay in the first place." I whisper weakly.