Epilogue

S t a c y

     The last class ended at four. Which completely drained me. My feet ached from walking all over the campus. Dorm rooms being just a seven minute jaunt to the education buildings.

      Once home, I threw my coat and bag down on the table. Slumping into the livingroom to flop on the couch and groan, my hair falling from its bun somewhere in between.

     Will came out of his room eating an apple, all comfortable in sweatpants and messy hair, "Hey roomie."

     I picked my head up and pouted, "Next year, I'm applying for night classes like you."

     He pushed my feet to the side and sat down, "You can take my truck tonight."

     "Oh my lord, thank you." I sat up and looked at the clock, "Jeez man, speak of the devil. I gotta go, I'll pick up food on the way alright?"

     Looking for the nod of approval, I snatched his keys off the  counter and grabbed my coat. Almost slamming the door to our room, running down the hall.

     They hadn't salted the road and I slid the whole way to his vehicle, the windshield was full of snow. My hands rubbed together vigorously to keep warm. It roared to life and so did the raido. I'd quickly turned it off and peeled out of the parking lot like I was in a race car.

    I didn't even care where I parked, not even locking the truck as I shuffled twords the heat. Droopy eyes finding it hard to read the signs, the lady on the intercom spoke for me.

    "Plane F7's baggage has come in." My heart raced and so did my feet, quickly moving twords the area.

     Airports around Christmas were terrible. Pushing through everybody, I peeked over the crowd every so often. Looking in all directions just to be disappointed.

     Coming to a stop between people rushing by, I told myself to calm down. The claming spot was now almost empty, my fingers running through my hair as I turned every which way. Not even the slightest bit of patience was left in my body.

     "Stacy!" It was so distant, yet like an airhorn in my face, jerking my head back, I widened my eyes.

     Shoving people away again, I came to a clearing just as the tears brimmed my eyes. Now running, I could see the most magical thing. He was kneeling down, arms open for a hug, not knowing my intention.

     I'd wiped away the salty waterworks, "Zachary!"

     We connected, and I refused a hug. Hands on the sides of his face, we kissed as he stood up, hands clamping down on my waist. Egar to spin me around again, I wrapped my hands around his back and started to sob.

     People where staring at us with nice smiles, "I missed you so much. You need to come with me sometime. It's breathtaking."

     "Okay. Okay- oh my god. You're back!" Why was I still crying?

    He kissed me lightly again, "Hey stop that, it's alright. I'm here aren't I? I hope those are tears of joy."

    Nodding, I fell into him again and buried my head into his neck to capture the warmth. 

    This was glorious. This was one million times better than coming back from the dead. This is how it was always supposed to play out. And I'm so glad I got a second chance to do so.

-------

Hope you enjoyed!

-Hipposaredeadly18