019

S t a c y

     Zach sat in a blue chair at a table in an empty room. The man sitting across from him wore nice clothes. This was another dream. And I couldn't pin point what it was about.

     With a huge gash in his cheek, Zachary seemed confused, "Where's my mom?"

     "In custody." The man had a soothing voice.

     "She didn't do anything wrong. It was an accident." Why was the gash so big.

     The nicely dressed guy flipped open a folder, "Where were you two traveling from?"

     His confusion hurt me, I knew what this was, "My dad's store anniversary party. Why does it matter?"

     "Did she drink anything?" The man was persistant despite the knowing of Zachary's feelings.

     Running his fingers through his hair, Zach sunk down, "Two glasses of wine and a can of pop... Is my mom going to get in trouble?"

    Now the sympathy shed through the guy whose nametag read Detective Sampson, "Your mother hit a car. Her alcohol content just reached the illegal capacity. The man in the other vehicle may never walk again."

     "It was his fault! He was speeding sir!" I needed to hug him, but I knew I'd fall straight through him.

    The pair where muted, a door opened up by a large mirror, I couldn't stand what I was watching. My feet carried me in, and two police officers shook their heads.

    "Isn't he the kid who lost his girl a couple months back?" The younger one asked.

    The older guy nodded and took off his hat, "I was on the scene. Poor thing was a mess. His mother's looking at five years. This will wreak him."

    "I called his brother. He can't make it." A secretary stuck her head in through an archway down the hall.

     "His dad?" The aged man asked.

    She had a tight bun and caked on makeup that creased when she frowned, "In the waiting room."

    I fell through the floor and was put in our highschool cafeteria. Zach stood like the whole world was swallowing him. Parker was angry, I didn't know why. Will was being held back by some guy.

     Bee was yelling at Zach to stop as she was pushed away from the circle around them. The person holding Will wanted the fight to continue. All four of my friends were not who they were supposed to be.

     A shadow taller than Zachary guided his fist straight into Parkers face. Then his stomach. Will was yelling too, people still shoving Bianca.

     Parker fell to the floor when a punch was made to his belly. I flinched as Will was let go and tugged the stupid boy out of the crowd. I watched as the image fell and I was put into a hospital room.

     They where doing CPR on an older woman. Who I knew only as Zachary's grandmother. His father and him lay asleep outside, the dim hallway lights showing the bags under his eyes.

     The woman startled me as she placed a hand on my shoulder. I knew immediately that she was dead.

     Her sweet voice calmed me, "Ah, I knew that ghost in the corner was framilar. You've been standing here for hours and you never bothered to say hello?"

     "Francine, I've only been here for a couple of minutes... You could see me?" I looked back at the bed and the clock was two hours ahead now.

    She smiled, younger now, "The dead can't tell time. What are you doing here sweetheart?"

     I shook my head, "Oh, I'm not dead. My dream brought me here. Zachary didn't tell me you died."

     "Because he's trying to hide his feelings."

      Getting pulled away slowly from her, I watched as her lovelyness faded, "Guess I'm going now. Bye Francine."

     Before I woke up, she waved, "Goodbye."

      "Stacy I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.  I'm so sorry." Zachary was straddling me now.

     I remembered what happened before I went out, he had dried blood above his lip, and I was covered in water, "Did I die or something?"

     He hugged me, "No. You passed out. I'm sorry, I just wanted to know why I couldn't kiss you."

     Giggling, I fell back on his bed, "You can, I just need to sleep afterwards."

     Pressing his forehead to mine, I felt warm again, "I was so freaked out. You- you turned into a shadow- and I thought you didn't exsist."

     Using my thumb I wiped away a tear, "I do exsist. Now stop crying and go get me a different shirt. We can go downstairs and watch movies until the sun goes down."

     Hugging me again, he laughed, "Okay, okay."