01

Dedicated To: AlliyahTheAuthor

     I frowned at the noises, waking up from wherever I just visited, wondering what had happened while I was away. Tilting my head to look at Doctor Allyiah, hair tied back in a tight bun. Her glasses tipped at her nose librarian style.

     "That clock is going to drive me insane Doc." I scowled, looking at the celing.

    She sighed and wrote something down, "This is the last time I'm going to tell you. Mr. Graser, there is no clock in my room. There has never been one."

     Looking at her confused, my fingers tapped my skin as my brows rose, hands clasped at my stomach, "Huh. Weird."

     "Tell me about today in school. What happened today Zachary?" She asked, looking up from her paper, whiter than the outer parts of my eyes.

     "Why do you ask?" I thought about taking a test in biology in the next two days, realizing that I definitely needed to study hard.

      My mind telling me it was stupid to say, but my mouth deciding otherwise, I almost laughed at her frustration, "I am your therapist. It's what we do, you know?"

     "Oh, in that case I punched Parker Coppins in the nose after fourth period. He used to like... He had it coming." I reimagined the look of disbelief on his face as he clutched his bloody nose.

     Doctor Allyiah gaped her mouth a moment, then closed it soundlessly to eye my mood like she does every five minutes, "Why on earth did you do that? Wasn't he your friend Zach? Did you do any of my exercises?"

     "He was walking too slow and in the way of my exercise. I saw something that made me upset so I tried to calm down. It's not working, I can't draw a circle and fill it in when I'm mobile." I'd rolled my eyes at her cluelessness.

    Leaning forward, she threw her notebook on the ground and pinched her temples. Thinking more than I have the whole session. My hallowed out body keeping emotions in a box in the corner of my mind and replacing it with emptiness.

    "Let's try something new alright." She smiled almost wicked like.

     Shrugging, I sat up, "I'm up for anything really. It sucks to be like this."

    "Think of the happiness before the accident. Try not to fray any corners or miss any details. Think of happiness and happiness only Mr. Graser. And please stop punching your classmates." She pleaded just before our timer went off.

    Standing up, I peered over my shoulder, "I've only punched three. I don't count the fourth, I knee'd him in the stomach remember? He threw up the pizza from lunch."

    "How could I forget." She mumbled before I closed the door, beginning my short jaunt home under the street lights and damp fallen leaves clustering in the road.