Chptr. 17

"All I know is these times are changing

Everything's about to get crazy

'cause All I know is these times are changing...

All this blood and sweat, let's see how far it goes..."

~ These Times Are Changing by The Struts from the album 'Everybody Wants'

(The song can be found up above! The entire album is on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

...

...

Percy took a deep breath as he looked at the door. His body was still sore and all of the wounds were still hurting. It was covered in bruises and wounds. The son of Poseidon did not ask for a mirror, he had not thought about it and to be honest, he did not want to see the way he looked right now. It was amazing that he was awake again, seeing his friends and talking to them was amazing. The feeling of true happiness which he had not felt for months was finally back in his heart. He heard footsteps coming closer and he braced himself for what was about to come. Fighting Titans and monsters, that was a piece of cake. But talking to an old friend who betrayed him... Even killed him... What do you say to a person who literally killed you? Who put an arrow through your heart? Percy felt sadness take over his heart as he sees the shocked faces of Apollo and Artemis.

"Y'know, it's not polite to stare..."

...

"Shut up, Nico! I can't even hear the guy!" Thalia shouted at the Italian as she turned back to the screen. "Don't shout, Thalia!" Nico responded. "You're shouting yourself!" "Guys, please..." Will said as he rolled his eyes and turned to the screen which showed Percy talking to the Olympians. "I can't believe he's doing this..." "Me neither," Nico said as he wrapped his arm around Will's upper body. "I wonder what he's thinking." "I think he's thinking, 'Oh help, what have I gotten myself into.'"

...

'Oh help, what on earth was I thinking?' Percy thought to himself as he looked at the woman who had killed him. "Percy... You look so..." Artemis stopped in the middle of the sentence as shock had taken over her body. "Good, she was going to say 'good'," Apollo said quickly as he looked at the bruised Percy. "Apollo, I have not seen myself in months but I don't need need a mirror to know that I look worse than Tartarus' ass."

Apollo laughed at the comment as his sister just took a deep breath. "Percy, I..." She started but she was interrupted by the demigod in the bed. "Artemis, why did you even do it?" "I... I wanted to prevent a war, Percy..." "By killing me? The guy who saved Olympus twice? Artemis..." "I wasn't thinking straight, Percy!" Artemis shouted in despair. Sadness filled her heart as she heard Percy talking to her like that. "Artemis, you put me through hell," Percy said with an angry voice. "What do you mean?" Apollo asked as he sat down on a chair next to the bed. "I have been tortured for six months after I was killed, Apollo," Percy said as he looked at his hands. He bit his lip as flashes of the past went by in his mind. "By the same guy who poisoned me that night..." Apollo turned pale as he heard those words. "Who..." Artemis started but stopped as she saw that Percy was looking at her with a look in his eyes which she could not read. Just pure sadness and hopelessness.

...

"Guys, does anyone know who poisoned him? Did he say it someone in here?" Will asked as he looked around in the room. The rest shook their heads as they tried to think of someone who might know or who it could be who poisoned their friend. "There must be someone who knows," Will said as he looked back at the screen. "Wait, that woman killed him!" Tony shouted in shock. "Yes, she did..." Thalia said with an angry look. "Why on earth would he want to see her!" "Because he just wants to... Percy has a reason for everything, even if we don't know it," Nico answered. "Percy, are you sure about this?" Apollo's voice was heard by the people in the small room, trying to look over their friend. "Does Apollo know? Why would he tell Apollo?" Thalia asked as she leant onto the wall on her right. "It could be that my dad had to help Percy when he was poisoned," Will answered as he looked at his father. "Why would he do that?" Thalia asked. "Zeus probably ordered it or something," Nico answered this time and sighed at the end, at the medium screen in the front of the room. "Wait, who could have poisoned him?" Tony asked as he looked around him at the demigods. "We don't know, now shush, he could be saying who..."

...

"It doesn't matter, yet," Percy said as he looked at Artemis. "I need you guys to leave, now." He said it in such a demanding voice, Artemis had never seen Percy like this. "I think we can't do that..." Apollo said. "We were sent out to find you and take you to Olympus, Percy." "What for?" "We don't know..." "You guys just went along with whatever Olympus wanted?" Percy asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not coming with you." "You have to, Percy," Apollo said with a serious tone. He did not want to talk to Percy this way, after all, he was the hero of Olympus and one of his favourite demigods. Percy was a brave man with a big heart and always did what he felt was the right thing. Apollo knew he would not want to go to Olympus, nobody ever wants to go to Olympus except for Zeus.

"Oh hell no!" There stood Thalia, alive... "What on earth..." Apollo started. "Thalia, what..." Artemis started with a sentence she could not finish as Thalia started walking towards them and said, "You are not going to take Percy to Olympus." Her voice was filled with rage. "And I am not going to tell you this twice." "Thalia, we have no choice," Artemis said. "You always have a choice, Artemis," Thalia snapped. "You just act like you have none so you can act like a victim." "What on earth are you talking about?" "You killed Percy, Artemis. You shot an arrow at him and killed him." "I... I..." "You talk about not having a choice, Artemis. But you had so many options in that situation, options that did not involve killing my friend and family." "Thalia, please..." "I do not want to hear it, Artemis! You were my friend, my leader," Thalia said with a  broken voice, sadness and anger filled up her heart as she told a once-friend what she had done. "You betrayed Olympus when you killed its saviour and strongest ally."

---

Hi everyone!

The nominations for the fanfiction awards of Wattpad have started! I'm thinking of entering one of my Percy Jackson fanfictions :)

Right now I can be nominated for:
- Best literature fanfiction
- Best audio-visual fanfiction
- Best fanfiction plot
- Best of the undiscovered
- Best of the little [next big thing]
- Best overall fanfiction
- Best fanfiction plot

Yup, quite a lot of categories.

If you want to nominate me, thank you if you want to do that, like oh my god,I can't even imagine(!), all you have to do is choose which category you think fits one of my fanfictions the best. Because you can only nominate that book once. You can nominate more books for one category though.

So if you have done that, please go to the account thefanfictionawards nominate me by stating the fanfiction's name and writer.

Thank you guys so much :)

Lots of love from the Netherlands,

Keep on smilin'!

Xo'

Maria