Chptr. 3

"Can't sit around holding up my guard

Let it all go

Let it all go around

Go in and face the inevitable...

Now let it all in..."

~ Do I Ever by Kensington from the album 'Control'

(Song is up above! You can also find it on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

(Their new album will be coming out on the 28th of October!)

...

"Does anyone know when Tony is returning from his trip?" Pepper asked the Avengers, looking at each of them separately in turns. "Well no, he didn't tell us anything," Bruce said with a questioning look on his face. Not getting why Pepper wouldn't know at what time Tony would be back. Pepper sighed and looked up. "Jarvis?" "Yes, miss Potts?" "Where is Tony's jet now?" "Landing on the airport of New York City, miss." "What?"

...

"Will, wake up," Nico said as he softly shook his boyfriend. "Hm?" "We've arrived, you need to wake up." A groan escaped Will's mouth, making Nico sigh. "C'mon." Again there was not a response from Will. Nico rolled his eyes and kissed his boyfriend's forehead, making Tony look weird at them. "We are dating, asshole," Nico said with a dark voice, making Tony jump up and get his suitcase. "Yeah yeah, not too grumpy!" Tony shouted as he started walking towards the exit. "Happy!" "Why is he screaming happy, Nico?" Will asked sleepily with a groaning voice. "I have no clue but I do know that we have to get Thalia." "Yeah..." Will sat straight and looked at Nico with his sleepy eyes. "I promise you, you can sleep when we get there okay? I'll unpack." "Sure?" Will asked, not wanting to make Nico do everything. "I'm very sure, now, get up, Sleeping Beauty."

Nico unfastened his belt and stood up, straightening his back. A soft and satisfying crack was heard and he walked over to the back, looking at Thalia. "Thalia, we've arrived," He said with a smile. "We are getting a new chance at living." No response which made Nico's heart drop, but he quickly recovered and started to unclasp the belts around Thalia's body. "Everythin' going all right back there?" Will yelled. "Yeah! I do need some help carrying her to the car, Will!" "Comin'!" While Nico unclasped the last belt, he heard the footsteps of Will coming closer and closer until he also entered the back. "Well, ready?" The blonde demigod asked with a smile. He looked way better than before, he still needed a bath and some sleep, but it didn't matter that much. "Yeah," Nico answered smiling. "Let's do this."

Will grabbed Thalia on her right side, wrapping his left arm around her shoulder and back, Nico doing the same but on the left side with his right arm. "1... 2... 3...!" They lifted her up, taking her out of the plane, their suitcases already being in the car because of Tony. When they got to the car and put her in there, Tony said, "What exactly is wrong with her?" "Don't ever ask that again, Stark," Will said with a sigh as he looked at his friend in the car. She was just... broken. Shattered. They just... Will didn't know what to do to be very honest... He had tried everything he knew and was within his power. But maybe Stark could help...

"Okay, well uhm, let's get you guys to my home."

...

"Hello?"

"Pepper, it's me!"

"Tony! I was wondering when you'd be back."

"Well, within I think fifteen to twenty minutes if the traffic's good."

"Okay, well, how was the trip?"

"Well, uhm..."

"What happened? Did something go wrong?"

"No, no...! I just have a surprise when I come back...!"

"Oh no... Did you impregnate someone?"

"What? No!"

"Oh. Okay, then it's okay to bring the surprise."

"Okay, well, I'll see you soon!"

"Love you!"

"Love you too!"

...

"Your girlfriend?" Nico asked as Tony hung up the phone. "Yeah, she's my rock..." Tony said with a smile as he thought of Pepper. "She has always been there for me, even when I was an asshole." "Are you not still an asshole?" Nico asked with one eyebrow up. Tony sighed and looked at the teenager in front of him. "I still kind of am, okay. There you go. Feel better?" "Way better, thanks," Nico said with an extravagent smile on his face, making Will facepalm. "But yeah, she has always been there for me, even when I had episodes." "Episodes?" Will asked, not understanding what Tony was talking about. "I had uhm... PTSD after the alien attack on New York, I almost died after guiding a missile into space... I just had these terrible nightmares and panic attacks." It shocked both of the demigods that Tony was this honest with them even though he didn't know them that good and also... that this actually had happened. It was nothing new to them. "I think I speak for all of us when I say that we know what it's like to go through that, Tony," Will said, looking right into the eyes of the man in front of him. "What happened?" Tony asked, making Nico fall completely silent. "Too much happened."