Chptr. 12

"Let the new shine fade

Let the lights burn out

Let the time slip away

And bury me in that ground..."

~ Homeland by Chord Overstreet from the single 'Homeland'

(Song can be found up above! You can also find it on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

...

...

Thalia looked through the small window at the clouds passing by. Will and Nico were asleep in the seats next to her, soft snoring coming from Will's mouth.  She was worried for each of them as she did not know what was about to come in the near future. Would the gods find them? What would they do to Percy? Thousands of thoughts and scenarios flashed through her mind and made her nervous. She fiddled with her hands and at some point, she tried to concentrate on the clouds again. But it didn't work... Her mind went back to the previous subject. She sighed as she looked at the two boys next to her. She was so happy for them they had each other, she had never seen Nico so happy before. As a small smile grew on her face, she felt herself slipping away into a deep sleep and for once, she just let it take her.

Tony was sitting beside Percy who was laying in a bed, machines still attached to his body. He couldn't keep his eyes of his nephew, still trying to understand what was going on. Greek gods, demigods, monsters... Dead people coming back to life. It all felt so unreal. But it was as real as the scars on Percy's face. As the pain in Thalia's heart. Tony had seen it. These kids had been through the worst of the worst. Wars, torture, loss, death... A sigh escaped his mouth as he leaned back into his chair, letting sleep take over his body. 

...

"Zeus?" Poseidon entered the office of his brother. It was so dark, only a small candle burning next to his brother, being the only light in the room. Zeus looked up and smiled. "Poseidon, thank you that you could come so quickly, I know you're busy." "I know it's important when you want me, so..." "Well, I have some news on Percy," Zeus started, being careful how he was going to say it. "Hades went to look in Tartarus." "And?" "He was not there." It made Poseidon sigh in relief. His boy was not there... "We believe he is still in the land of the living." "Who is we?" Poseidon asked curiously. "Hades and I." Poseidon nodded. "We've come with the idea to send some of our best to search for him." This made Poseidon cautious, he knew who was the best. "Who?" "Artemis and Apollo." "What!" Poseidon shouted. "The person who killed him and her brother! Have you lost your mind, Zeus!" "No, I'm just making sure our best are on the case." "What if she makes the same mistake she made last time, Zeus! Or mistake! What am I talking about! She killed him!" "That's why I'm sending Apollo with her." Poseidon sighed in defeat. "There's no changing your mind, is there?" "No Poseidon. There isn't," Zeus said calmly. Poseidon nodded and bit his lip. "Sure, whatever you want but I find out she makes one mistake, it's done. All of it." 

...

"Artemis, just accept that I'm coming with you!" Apollo shouted in annoyance at his sister. She was grabbing some stuff together, walking from one side of the room to the other and the other way around. "I can take care of myself, Apollo." Apollo's fell and he rolled his eyes. "It's not like I chose to come with you." "You didn't fight it, though!" "Do I have to fight our father, the king of Olympus, just to make sure I don't have to go on a hunting trip with my little sister?" "I'm not your little sister! And you could at least have said something, Apollo!" "Well, I'm coming, whether we like it or not. What's the plan?" Artemis stopped in her tracks and looked at her brother. "What do you mean, plan?" "Well, do you have a plan? You know, where we want to start and stuff?" "You'll see when we start." "Do you even know what we are about to do!" "Of course I do, Apollo! We are going to hunt for a demigod." Apollo facepalmed at this answer. "Artemis, your reputation and everything are at stake." Artemis turned to Apollo with an angry look. "Listen, Apollo, I know what's at stake, you don't have to remind me. Don't think I didn't suffer for the last couple of months because of what I did." "Artemis, promise me..." "What, promise you what?" She asked with a calmer voice than before as she continued. "That you'll accept the fact that I'm coming..." "I don't have a choice, now leave. I'll see you in the throne room when I'm finished." "Yeah, sure..." 

...

"Poseidon, what are you doing here?" Chiron asked, not understanding why the god would be here. "I need you to do me a favor, Chiron." Poseidon sounded so helpless, Chiron pointed at the chair but Poseidon held up his right hand, declining the offer. "There are some... issues. I need you to keep an eye out for suspicious activity." "Something in particular?" Poseidon hesitated to say it but shook his head. "No, just... Let me know when something happens and don't inform Zeus."

...

"Tony, where on earth are you?" Pepper asked through the phone. Tony looked at Percy as he answered. "Long story, you'll... You'll see where when I come back, okay?" "Tony, do I have to worry?" "No, not anymore." "What do you mean?" "Pepper," He said, letting it sink in for a second. "Trust me, okay?" "Okay, Tony, I trust you. I'll see you when you get back. Don't forget to call me when you are about to land, I'll send someone to pick you up." "No we're fine, I'll see you at the Tower. I love you." It made Tony smile how much his girl cared about him, he loved her with all his heart. "I love you too, Tony." He knew she was smiling as well. That's just how she is and these small things were the things that made him love her even more.

...