Chptr. 4

"I hear echoes of a thousand screams

As I lay me down to sleep

There's a black hole deep inside of me..."

~ Somewhere In Stockholm by Avicii from the album 'Stories'

(The song is up above! You can find the entire album on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

...

"Wait, who are they and what are they doing here?" Pepper asked looking at the two teenage boys in front of her. "Uhm, he invited us, miss, I think you're Pepper?" Will said sticking his hand out. "Yes," Pepper said, more saying it as if it was a question than an answer. "Pepper Potts." She grabbed his hand and shook it. "Will Solace, nice to meet you. We've heard quite a lot about you," He said with a bright smile. "Only good things, I hope." "Of course." Pepper smiled and looked at Nico. "Pepper," She said while sticking her hand out to him. He took it and shook it. "Nico di Angelo, miss." Nico didn't know how to act, what to say. "Uhm, Tony," Will started, looking at Tony. He wanted to get the tension out of the air. "Nico and I need to get Thalia out of the car." "I can let the security get..." "No, we really need to do it," Will interrupted with a smile. "Okay, uhm... Do you guys need any help?" "Yeah, do you have a wheelchair or something else?" "Jarvis?" Tony asked. "We have your prototype, sir." "Oh yes! Put it on the ground floor, Jarvis!" "Of course, sir."

"Wait, you guys are with more?" "Just one more, she..." "You'll see," Nico interrupted while walking over to the elevator with Will. When the elevator doors were closed, Pepper looked at Tony and said, "They are quite something, huh?" "Yup, more than just quite."

...

"Will?" Will looked over at Nico, seeing he's looking right into his soul. "What is it, Nico?" "Do you think... We are going to be safe here?" Will bit his lip. "I don't know..." Will looked like he was about to cry, his lip shivering and looking down. Nico stepped towards him and hugged him. "I'm here, Will... I'm sorry I've not been there for you when you needed it... But I'm here now. And I'm never going to leave your side."

...

"Is she okay?" Tony asked as Nico returned to the big living room in the middle of the Tower. "Yeah," Nico said as he sat down. "Will is sleeping, he needs it." "And you don't?" "I've had enough sleep for quite a while." "Okay... Uhm, want something to drink?" "No, thanks," Nico answered Tony's question. "How have you been holding up after..." Nico didn't finish his sentence as he looked up at Tony who was standing beside the couch he was sitting on. "I uh... Well, I guess as good as you can be," Tony said as he sat down on the seat next to the couch. "Tony, not that I'm not grateful you're taking us in, but why?" Nico felt an immediate regret as soon as he asked the question. "Well, there's a debt to be paid, kid. Percy died, you needed help... It's the least I can do," Tony said with a small smile on his face.

...

"Does anyone know where Poseidon is?" Zeus asked as he looked around in the throne room, seeing the empty throne of his brother. "Where do you think he is?" Ares said with a groan. "He's at home, still grieving over his kid." "Ares, have some respect," Athena said, shooting an angry glare at the god. "What? Do you honestly expect me to have respect for that? I lost a lot of my children during the war, do you see me skipping every meeting and staying at home, not fulfilling my duty as an Olympian?" "You don't understand, Ares," Aphrodite said, painting her nails. "Well, tell me, what don't I understand," Ares said with an angry voice. "Did you have a close bond with your children, Ares?" "Well no, but..." "That's the thing you don't understand," Aphrodite said, throwing away the nail polish, the bottle shattering on the floor and the red polish spreading itself on the floor. "He lost a son. You lost some soldiers who happened to be your children." "Those kids meant quite something to me, Aphrodite!" "What did they mean to you, Ares! You only yelled at them that they were never good enough!" "Ares and Aphrodite, hold your tongues!" Zeus shouted with a loud and booming voice. "Enough! Can someone IM my brother?" "Of course, Zeus," Apollo said as he put some light on the moisture in the throne room, creating a rainbow. He threw a golden drachma into it, saying, "Oh, Iris goddess of the rainbow, accept my offering. Show us Lord Poseidon in Atlantis."

Poseidon looked horrible as he sat by his writing desk, writing some things down. "Poseidon?" Hades asked, looking at his brother in shock. The sea god looked up into the IM with wide eyes of shock. "Well, hello," He said, calmed down from the sudden appearance. "Can I help you?" Poseidon looked broken, his eyes not having that light in them they used to have. His hair standing in every way possible. His face was so thin like he lost a lot of a lot of weight. "Uh, we wanted to know how you're holding up," Hades said as nobody else answered. "What do you want me to say, Hades?" Poseidon said with a sad voice, almost breaking down. "He's gone, killed by some mortal for no reason." Hades shot a look at Artemis, who was looking down in guilt. He looked back at Poseidon. "Well uhm... If you ever need something, just tell us, okay?" Poseidon nodded and quit the Message, going through the mist with his hand as was seen by the rest of the Olympians. A silence fell in the throne room.

"Artemis, what is wrong with you?" Apollo asked, looking at his sister in concern. Even though they fought a lot, he cared about her. And he knew she also cared about him, even if she'd never admit it. "I feel a real bad feeling coming from you, Artemis," Aphrodite said. "It's not sadness, though, is it?" Artemis looked up at the goddess with anger. Trying to make sure she didn't say what she was feeling. "You can't threaten me with those puppy eyes of yours, Artemis. You're feeling guilty." Artemis hoped she would stop there, but knowing Aphrodite... "And not just a bit, a whole lot," Aphrodite finished as she looked at the hunter goddess on the other side of the room. "Artemis, care to say why?" Zeus asked, not having any clue why his daughter would feel this way. "Why would any of you care?" "Because we are responsible for each other's actions, sister," Athena said with a calm voice. Anger was rising in Artemis chest. "Listen, I did something, the end. It's what all of us do. Olympian or not." "Artemis, stop avoiding the question, what did you do?" Zeus asked. "Okay fine," She said with an angry voice. The Olympians leaned in, curious what would have caused Artemis to be like this. "It was not a mortal who killed Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon." Apollo's heart fell as he immediately knew what she meant, his eyes going wide while he gasped. "I did."