Chptr. 7

"Take a look in the mirror

And what do you see

Do you see it clearer

Or are you deceived

In what you believe..."

~ Human by Rag'N'Bone from the Single 'Human'

(Song is up above! You can also find it on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

...

...

"So you don't remember anything after Percy's funeral?" Will asked, sitting in front of Thalia. It had been a week since she had 'woken up' from her 'coma' and things have been, well strange... "No," Thalia answered. She looked human again, but her mind was a big blank from the moment Percy was buried. "I only remember this white light surrounding me all the time until last week." Will nodded as he sighed. "Will, I'm okay, I swear," Thalia said with an assuring smile on her face.

...

Poseidon storms into the throne room with a furious look on his face. "What makes you think you can not tell me my son's soul is missing!" He shouts in anger as he grew to his godly size. Zeus looks up from the newspaper in his hand and doesn't look bothered. "I guess Hades decided, once again, to ignore my orders." "Yes! And he did the right thing! What on earth were you thinking, Zeus!" Zeus stood up, immediately standing right in front of his brother. "I tried to hide it, so you could recover from losing him, Poseidon." "You never care about me, Zeus! You never have! You never care about anyone!" Zeus sighs and looks right into the eyes of the god of the oceans. "Listen Poseidon, you are my brother, I care. You have been broken ever since you lost Percy, you can't deny that. I just wanted you to heal from what happened before I put you up with this." Poseidon sighed and walks over to his throne and sits on it. "I just don't get it, how could this happen, Zeus?" "I don't know, yet."

...

Can someone hear me? Please, I can't...

...

"Let's play a game," Tony said with a smile, sitting by the table with Nico, Will and Thalia. "A game?" Thalia asked, mocking the idea of playing a game with Stark. "Yeah, a game! To brighten up the mood," Tony answered, looking at Nico and Will for support. "Well," Nico shot a glance towards Will for a second. "Let's play one." Will nodded as he looked back from Nico to Tony. "Let's do that." "Seriously, guys?" Thalia asked with an eyebrow raised. The trio looked at her in expectation, making her sigh. "Okay, let's play a friggin game." "Let's play twenty questions," Tony said. "Twenty questions?" Nico asked, not knowing what the game was or how it is played. "It's basically a game where you can ask each other questions and everybody has to answer them truthfully." "Oh Tartarus no, I exactly know where this is going, Stark," Thalia said with a bit of anger in her voice. "I get that you want to get to know us and stuff, but I know how this will end." "No, you don't," Tony shot back. "Yes I do, Ironhead! You will ask us stuff about our past. That's how it will end." Tony felt caught in the act but tried to act casual. "No, I just wanted to get to know you." "Then do it with doing stuff with us, instead of playing a 'game' where you basically interrogate us," Thalia ended, quoting game with her pointing and middle fingers. She stood up and walked away, probably heading towards her room.

"You know, Tony," Will started as soon as they didn't hear Thalia's footsteps anymore. "She has a point." "But I can't do anything with you guys, you can't go outside because it's too dangerous." "Tony, you have one of the biggest buildings in New York City, we can do something here," Nico said. "Nothing to complain about." Tony sighed and looked at the teenagers in front of him. "What do you want to do then?" "Hide and seek."

...

As Hades walked into Elysium, he saw Annabeth running towards him. "Lord Hades! Lord Hades!" She shouted, coming closer with the second. "I need to ask you something." "Annabeth, I don't have the time right now." "But..." "No buts!" Hades shouted as he continued on walking. "Where are Nico, Thalia and Grover, Lord Hades!" Hades stopped right in his track, turning towards the blonde demigod. "They are missing from this place, where are they?" Annabeth asked, fear present on her face while trying to stay calm. "I know where they are and you do not need to worry about them, child." "I do, they are my friends! Of course, I worry about them!" "Annabeth, I don't have the time for this." "You should, Hades. Souls are missing." "That's why I'm here, Annabeth. Please." "Wait," Annabeth says in realization. "Who's soul is also missing? Who died?" Hades fell silent, his mouth opened a bit, not knowing what to tell her. Should he lie to her? His eyes fell down to the ground, not wanting to look in her eyes.

Annabeth's hand flew to her mouth, holding them in front of them, tears forming in her eyes. "No..." Hades bites on his lip as he looks to the side, to see the rest of Elysium. "He... Percy?" She asked, praying to every god that it would not be him. not him. Hades nodded. Annabeth fell to her knees, her hands covering her face as tears fell from her eyes, sobs coming of of her mouth. "No!" Her shout was so broken, it made Hades feel chills all over his body. "No..."

...

Annabeth, I love you...

...

"Ten..."

"Fuck you, Will! Get your foot from my face!"

"Nine..."

"What, fuck me? You are the one who wanted to hide here!"

"Eight..."

"Still, fuck you."

"Seven..."

"Ugh..."

"Six..."

"Wait, Will...!"

"Five..."

"What? What is it you wanna tell me?"

"Four..."

"Did you hear that?"

"Three..."

"Hear what?"

"Two..."

"That voice..."

"One..."

"What voice?"

"I'm coming!"

"I think... It sounded like Percy."